Translations, please

brill27mcb

ok here is one that has sparked some curiostiy on the Pompa train. MA has a small block of text in japanese which hopefully is some background on the pompa train

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig03/10037238k.jpg

HS has some history in its description, it could just be the MA text or hopefully is a bit more info.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10037238

thanks

jeff

That train prototype dates from approximately 1970/October to 1971/June, in conjunction with JNR's "Discover Japan" campaign, Hitachi was also commemorating their 60th anniversary.  This train was a promotional vehicle for Hitachi's home appliances and electronics, aimed at a children's audience.  The C11 was not in steam, so the train had to be propelled by some other locomotive.  Car#2 was a generator car, and cars #3~6 were the promotion cars.

Interesting that at that time it's possible there could have been a still in service steam locomotive as motive power on some legs of the tour. Another thought, I wonder if when they were moving from town to town they pushed or pulled the train, from a safety and operating aspect pulling would seem the most likely.

Yes, I thought the same thing.  Kyushu and Hokkaido especially, were still quite steamy then...The train apparently embarked on a nationwide tour, stopping at approximately 200 stations included in the "Discover Japan" campaign.  This blog has some pictures of the train stopped at Sadamitsu Station on the Tokushima Line in Shikoku.  The train was being hauled by a DE10.  The blog mentions the C11 was missing its main rods.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/yosakoi_soran/17627589.html

Removing the main rods is normal practice when towing a dead steam loco. The C11 has what appears to be add-on red marker lights on the pilot, maybe they towed the train with the C11 at the rear.

I figure I'll add to this thread rather than starting another, although "new releases" probably isn't the best place for the actual content.

Could someone translate what this sign is about?  I'm guessing it's a temporary closure sign for something related to trains (a walkway, an exit, or similar). Although I found the photographer's caption rather humorous:

"beware of the evil spirits that want to harm my locomotive. at Harajuku Station, Chiyoda line"

Seems like a nice detail sign to add to a station, but I'd like to be sure I use it appropriately.

don't touch it!!

post-264-13569927937595_thumb.jpg

Could someone please translate the cleaning instructions on the back of this Wide Tram Rail package? I'm mostly curious to what they are suggesting as a cleaner applied with the Q-tips.  I suspect a Tomix product, although I think Isopropyl would work.

Warning! tomix rail cleaner has a bunch of organics in them, one of which is something very close to the aromatic sent of urinal cakes! it lingers in the air for a very long time! also think it contains some xylene. good cleaner, but xylene can eat plastics, but never seems to be an issue with the rail cleaner on track and the cleaner car!

btw matthew davis, jrm club president created a great cocktail called the rail cleaner. think it was bombay sapphire gin and something else white layered on top with a cherry in it and a piece of code 80 rail as a swizzle stick. sposta come out looking like the jrm logo upside down in a martini glass!

cheers

jeff

I'm currently working on an MS Collection kit and a bit confused because there is text in an area which is supposed to be empty and I don't understand its meaning (to be precise: the part between より and 貼ると).  :icon_scratch: 

post-225-0-03260500-1391465436_thumb.jpg

Krackel Hopper

Need help figuring out what this Kato diagram is saying about the locomotive..

I'm able to figure out the freight cars, but the locomotive is a mystery to me. Top line consist shows a loco with pantographs, the three short consists on the bottom all show the same text box for the loco, but no pantograph.. also, no product number(s) for the locomotive..

post-180-0-13672500-1392956187_thumb.jpg

Need help figuring out what this Kato diagram is saying about the locomotive..

I'm able to figure out the freight cars, but the locomotive is a mystery to me. Top line consist shows a loco with pantographs, the three short consists on the bottom all show the same text box for the loco, but no pantograph.. also, no product number(s) for the locomotive..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It just says "puller".

So it can be any loco (diesel, steam, electric) whichever you like...

I'm currently working on an MS Collection kit and a bit confused because there is text in an area which is supposed to be empty and I don't understand its meaning (to be precise: the part between より and 貼ると).  :icon_scratch: 

The textbox seems corrupted and showing some different character.  Sorry, I can't understand as it is even not a Japanese....