Buying Trains and the Wife (A murder story)

keitaro

Keitaro,

we will say goodbye to you now...

jeff

My wides birthday is coming up I think I might buy here something out of the June micro ace release

lol i wouldn't dare do that  :grin

but homer would HAHA

I think if she was to read this thread you are already heading to towards the other life - calling her the wide.  :lipssealed:

I am blessed with a wife who has really a high tolerance to my hobby - until it comes to spending money. OK, sh´s got a good reason, being unemployed and having to live off social security does not leave much of a spending budget for trains. I spend about $ 10 a month, so being able to afford a purchase takes a heck of a time, but so what. As long as I can stay in the hobby, I am fine with that.

I've just realised I've never told you guys how my girlfriend stands towards the hobby.

Although she sometimes expresses her negative feelings towards my hobby, she's actually very tolerant towards it, but then again not very interested. Which is a good thing I think. We can talk about railways, as she grew up next to the Mo'oka railway (where there is a steam train) and travels a lot by train, but she's more of a car person in the end.

Last time she visited me, she brought along some railway gifts for me: Yamanote and Chûô-line socks (that I don't fit), a Tomytec Ramen-stand, two Tetsudô-Mokei magazines (which she ordered for me) and a few other railway related paraphernalia. I was actually quite surprised by this and I must consider myself quite the lucky one.

Guest Closed Account 1

Yes you are Toni.

She's giving you obvious clues that she really is into you and wants to make you happy. Probably read the magazines to better understand your one track or two track mind.

In the end, all women want to be the fascination. So make them think it.

I'm very aware that she is interested in me, so we have an almost daily contact over Skype, because we rarely see each other (she lives in Japan, I in Germany; soon moving back to the Netherlands). In exchange I send her Dutch and German sweets from time to time

Strangely enough, it doesn't frustrate me in such a matter that I go chasing other girls while she is away. Yeah, we're quite stuck-up and I like it. It gives me the chance to fully concentrate on the transition from being a university student to someone with a life-supporting job. After that we are able to see each other more often and maybe even live together. But that's for the future to decide.

Well, her parents aren't divorced and I don't know about other family members, but I do know her dad drives a tuned Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX and goes racing in the weekend (probably in the mountains or on Tsukuba or Motegi circuit). Hahaha. Not really my thing, as I'm more interested in classic motoring, or at least not interested in ostentatious cars, so that should be safe. Model railways could be my defect though.

she's more of a car person in the end.

her dad drives a tuned Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX and goes racing in the weekend (probably in the mountains or on Tsukuba or Motegi circuit).

:love4: