JRM at Great Scale Model Train Show Timonium MD Feb 5-6

cteno4

We had a good show, it had ok attendance for super bowl weekend and the layout got a lot of great attention. As usual we were the kid magnet, always gratifying to hear them exclaim, "this is the best train layout!" or cry when a parent trys to break them away.

layout ran well, just a small period of some shinkansen crashes, but then we discovered a very bad joint in the viaduct and once fixed things ran well.

one bad note is that one of the very few derailments we had was with my m250 on a point that no one caught for a while (was in a sort of hidden spot) and it ended up melting down both truck... i think the motor may be ok ill see tomorrow when i tear it apart. luckily replacement trucks for kato are not that hard to get, so im crossing my fingers! next show im installing the 12v tail light short detector/cooler! dumb dumb dumb, been meaning to do that for a few years now!!! oh well live and learn.

bright note is that mudkip orange made it down for the show so Aaron, Dimtry, and I got to meet him in person. always nice putting a human with electrons.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
Mudkip Orange

Yeah it was good meeting y'all and finally seeing the layout in person.

The show as a whole is not bad either. Had a chance to BS with some East Penn guys who clued me into the affordable cheapness of the Kato Pocket Line Streetcar. Stopped by MB Klein on the way back and picked up an HO scale Texas State Trooper Crown Vic for $2.99 - cheapest encounter I've ever had with one of those vehicles.

Sorry Mudkip, my mind was on other things, and by the time I realized who you were and all, you disappeared. It was a bit of a disconnect in that I didn't place the name and from where. Might catch up with you at East Penn. I might be going up with Philip.

You both, and anyone else, are certainly welcome to come to our "work" (play) weekend on Feb. 26 and/or 27. We will have the N-gauge set up for the weekend. It will be at the Clothier Auditorium of Bryn Mawr Hospital, just a few miles west from Philadelphia, and close to the US 30 exit of I-476.

Rich K.

Mudkip Orange

I'm saddened by the lack of any fan trips this year.

We could rent one of those open-air "trolley" buses like they use for downtown sightseeing, then take it up to 80 on the blue route.

It'd be almost like the P&W in the Brill Bullet era...

I'm saddened by the lack of any fan trips this year.

We could rent one of those open-air "trolley" buses like they use for downtown sightseeing, then take it up to 80 on the blue route.

It'd be almost like the P&W in the Brill Bullet era...

Philip mentioned that this weekend. Maybe, I think that's a coast guard weekend for me.