My project begins

keitaro

Mudkip Orange
From my experience, older GM models need some heavy modification for body-mounted TN couplers.

Not only that, but the transmission always goes at about 160,000 miles. Not a big deal if you budget for it early, or plan on replacing the car at that point.

okay so i took some vids one 1st video is the green max kiha kit

2nd my c51-1

3rd my tomix de-10 1000

also attached some pics of the kit and the gap in underneath i was talking about.

and a few of my mountain still have to put some more shrubs here and there but mostly done.

post-484-13569928177804_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569928178918_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569928181731_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i got the road done. just need to mark it later.....

put up street lights and wired in all LED's to buildings but not wired to a switch yet to function will do this weekend if i can visit the local shop

post-484-13569928235545_thumb.jpg

post-484-1356992823837_thumb.jpg

post-484-13569928241242_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A video of my lights in action. need to fic up all the roofs and the shop front so the led doesn't leak so much light.

tomorrow night will add in the street lights

• Like 2

Thanks Kens and Dani.

Just wondering what you think about this....

The light comes through the plastic roof, do you think a few internal coats of black will cover this up or maybe layer it with some thin cardboard?

I haven't tried it, but a thick coat of black paint followed by gray paint is what Jerry (Quinntopia) has reported works for him. And that's what I'm planning to do.

If that wasn't practical for some reason, you could make a false wall out of cardboard (or thick styrene) and place it inside the real wall, but I think paint would be easier in most cases.  That's what I'm planning to use for my buildings.  Of course I'm also planning to paint the outside in a new color, so I don't need to worry about overspray; I just need to do the inside first.

I'm not on that face yet, but paint seems to be a good solution. Other thing that may be works well is to glue a piece of tinfoil (= aluminium foil?) which is opaque and also reflects de light. That's what I read in other forum, but I haven't tested....

I'm not on that face yet, but paint seems to be a good solution. Other thing that may be works well is to glue a piece of tinfoil (= aluminium foil?) which is opaque and also reflects de light. That's what I read in other forum, but I haven't tested....

Aluminium foil works perfect! I have half of my building collection light-insulated with this material and it works pretty well. Just leave the spots open where there are windows and all is well. Next to the good light-insulating properties of aluminium, is the electricity conductivity of this material.

foil is a great idea will try that.

mean while heres a video of my layout with street lights installed.

• Like 2

That last pic really drives home the scale of... well... n-scale. Beautiful benches and signs, then OMG GIANT FREAKIN' LED RUN FOR THE HILLS!

I would use Led strips. This strips have those led that Ghan said already soldered and is self adhesive. I use them to illuminate cars because are much thinner than a bulb led and you have them also in different colours or colour temperatures.

One picture better than many words:

HK-F3528X30-X-X-X.JPG

• Like 1

Dani,

You're right.  They are a good solution - just stick to the ceiling of the covered platform.  What's more, they usually have cutting points every 10cm or so and would fit nicely.

Cheers

The_Ghan

yeah i know i need them just got other things my money is being directed to atm :D so these are all temporary.

anyway would post a video of it wired in but ............ you tube keeps failing on me at randome %'s

will try later btw i did the other 2 stations as well

all right i got the strip so i will upgrade the station soon.

does anyone know how to use these in a model? i know it will work one way but not reverse how can i get it to work in reverse?

all right i got the strip so i will upgrade the station soon.

does anyone know how to use these in a model? i know it will work one way but not reverse how can i get it to work in reverse?

I'm not sure if I well understood you question. If you mean using the led strip inside of a car, in DCC (don't know if that's your case) is easy. Most decoders have an output independent of the direction that can be used for illumination. If a decoder doesn't have it, you can solder both cab lights outputs (direction dependent) to the led strip.

But if you are on DC, you will need some component, but I don't have more information because I started the hobby directly with a digital system. Sorry!

Dani.