Train Shops in Yokohama

nik_n_dad

Apologies for throwing this here.

I'll be in Yokohama for a couple of days next week and was wondering if there were any good train shops (n-scale) near Yokohama Takashimaya Dept store or Diamond Shopping Mall area that I may want to try to visit.  I'll also be in Fujisawa.

Thanks in advance!

The Yokohama Station area hobby shop scene has faded considerably since the glory years of the eighties and nineties- both Yokohama Mokei stores closed, probably replaced by yet another womens clothing shop or relaxation salon, as well as the big hobby shop in Alic Nisshin (now a Don Quixote).  However, there is a Yodobashi Camera in the west exit area (dunno if it has N scale), and there is a relatively new Models Imon (opened in 2003) also in the west exit area, near the Sotetsu Rlwy terminal (map below):

http://www.imon.co.jp/MODELS/INDEX082.MBR/SHOP

I couldn't find any decent hobby shops in Fujiswawa- you're better off spending your free time train watching/riding there anyway, what with Tokaido Line and the Enoden terminal, as well as the Odakyu Enoshima Line.

Thanks for the tip on the Yokohama Models Imon Shop.  It was a little hard to find in that there wasn't any signage outside- I walked by it a dozen times.  I through a door, down a hall, up the elevator.  But a fabulous shop.  Because of business commits, and an all-to-short trip to Japan, I literally only had about 15 minutes to enjoy the shop-  It would be easy to spend an hour or two there.  I picked up a few sets for Nik, and as always, he's an appreciative and happy kid.

Thanks again