New Kato Amtrak rolling stock

clem24

Sorry not Japanese related but anyone else eagerly anticipating these? I personally can't wait and am delighted that they are offering the Amtubes and Viewliners as individual cars. The Amtubes (Amfleet II) are really nice especially with the close coupling but the Viewliners.. Gorgeous!!! I think the Con Cors that were a.) overpriced and b.) severely lacking in quality (the floors were always bent and never stayed on the body) are HISTORY.

20110119k24.jpg

20110119k25.jpg

Source: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/1101192

PS> Here's hoping that Kato makes the rest of the Amtrak fleet like the Horizon cars but most especially the California cars and Surfliners!!! That will be the day! (Yes I am aware of the Brass Lookmodel set but $500 for a 4 car set with no interiors is slightly steep).

Mudkip Orange

Oh this is awesome, I might need to buy the entire Southern Crescent. Heritage baggage on the front, Amfleets in the middle, Viewliners in the back. Over 60% on time performance!

Great timing as I just rid myself of my entire Spamtrak HO fleet. (I had one five car set of each livery from Phase I all the way through to the new shamu livery)

It's out, and it looks AWESOME. The going price on eBay is about $170 + shipping. Now it's too bad that I can't exactly buy it at the moment as I've amassed way too many purchases in the last month (see murder by wife thread). Bummer.

http://www.katousa.com/N/AmView/index.html

I wonder if I can get the trucks and adapt them to my fleet of Bachmann Amfleet Is (I think I have at least 8 or 10 of the new ones and about 6 or 7 of the old ones).

So the default set actually comes with a Heritage baggage.

Beautiful.

I love that Kato is giving the NA modelers the same sort of attention to *actual consists* that they have given their Japanese models.

Yes, but you have to buy the relatively rare Viewliner sleeper even if you don't want one to get all the Amfleets. The cars Amtrak are producing don't run in fixed consists like many Japanese trains.