Colour help & Furniture

Rankodd,

thanks, i try to post them here and to the jrm site as i have time to write them up and take some photos.

again these are pretty simple to do, just need to get the fine wire and a good pair of tweezer nose pliers!

actually that german office furniture could be done easily with a few packs of evergreen strip styrene and one of the little choppits

http://www.micromark.com/Chop-It,9547.html

cool you have the micro mill. ive looked at it, but not enough need to sink the $$ into it. i did pickup micro mark's x/y table for my drill press to do some simple milling.

cheers

jeff

Rankodd,

thanks, i try to post them here and to the jrm site as i have time to write them up and take some photos.

I haven't spent much time at the JRM site yet. I'll take a good look around there, next.

again these are pretty simple to do, just need to get the fine wire and a good pair of tweezer nose pliers!

I'd never have figured that one out by myself, though. Seeing what you've done opens up a whole new range of ideas...

actually that german office furniture could be done easily with a few packs of evergreen strip styrene and one of the little choppits

http://www.micromark.com/Chop-It,9547.html

I've actually got a Micromark Chop-it, as well as a duplicate-it, and whatever the 3rd "-it" kit was. I've also got an Anaconda 2" mitre/chop saw on the way. I like to have the right tool for the job...

Looking at the pictures of the original, I'm 100% sure that they're using a CNC mill to make it. The chairs, in particular, would be difficult to reproduce without using at least a drill press.

cool you have the micro mill. ive looked at it, but not enough need to sink the $$ into it. i did pickup micro mark's x/y table for my drill press to do some simple milling.

I looked long and hard at a lot of options before I picked it up. It seems that a true mill would be very useful for modelling - I've just received it and haven't had much of a chance to play yet. I can see myself all sorts of surface details and texturing, for example. I've also got a kit to convert it to CNC, but I'll have to get some experience running it manually first.

i was poking around the other day for doll house furniture stuff for Mark's Koban and found this great site for making 1/144 doll house furniture. she did a nice little jig with a couple of small squares of wood to bend her wire, i just eyeballed it with the tweezer nose pliers!

great stuff and very doable, im going to work on some, i need some patio furniture for my house under repair scene.

http://www.btz.se/minis/DIY/index.php#144

cheers

jeff

ok heres another amazing bit of tiny tiny tiny detailing you can get into for your layout. this guy does amazing 1/144 scale work, click on the 1/144 scale link on the right

http://www.nanotray.com/

his chess set is amazing, but the working foot treadle lathe is awesome as well as his chairs.

after seeing some of the things he was turning i started to fiddle some thing weekend and was able to actually make some scale 10" dia flower pots w/ bases! also made an n scale grande latte, but it flew off the lathe just as i was finishing it! i have to put down a black cloth under the lathe area to catch things like this and keep shaking it out. also made an HO scale wine glass about 3.5mm high, i had a wood one about 2.5mm but it broke up near the end. this is something that will take some real practice, but its very fast to do and try things and much better than when i was a kid and would spend a couple of evening turning a salad bowl only to have it split right near the end! right now i have pretty crappy wood so trying to get some more fine grained dowels to play with and then also make a much better micro lathe system.

anyhow quite fun, next is noodle bowls!

cheers

jeff

post-25-13569930395357_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569930396087_thumb.jpg

wow nice stuff and so far looks to be going for reasonable prices until it gets popular that is!

something i would love to do in retirement!

jeff