What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

13 hours ago, cteno4 said:

No, no, no I will not do HO!

jeff

I said the same, Jeff.

“I know I’m modelling in n gauge, but that EF65 is nice. I might just get it and a couple of tankers to shunt around but that’s all.”

I’m still trying to model in n gauge but the odd HO additions are starting to pile up.

5E0E223D-246E-4334-AC9F-EFDA742701E3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Suddenly mine doesn't look so out of hand...

Kato DE10, DD51, EF510 and EF65

Kato Hokutosei plus one extra coach

Five Kato KoKi 43000s (four blue and the silver one)

Six Tomix KoKis (mix of 106/107, a 200 and a 250000)

Tenshodo KuMoYa 145

I am hoping to add another couple of vehicles to each train, also wouldn't mind another KuMoYa and the KuMoRu Tenshodo were planning to release a couple of months ago. Some sort of EMU would be good too...

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Yep, Its my first tramway myself and I had similar feelings.  I was disappointed that it'd be missing the rear headlight, but it turns out all those parts are included, but require some pretty tricky modeling to apply them.  I'll take a photo of the included parts so you can see what they come with.  I'm not sure I'll be installing them at this rate, they look nice but I dont trust my blind drilling into cast metal and not messing up the model.

Thanks alot for this information. My finger were itching to click for this one ... but now I will wait until a Tenshodo steamer will be available (not the >85'000 Yen class) or Kato will do a re-run of their D51. Tenshodo's 9600 #79616 (at 1999) with last year Warning Paint is too ugly for my taste.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, cteno4 said:

jeff

I hear your words and by personal experience I don't believe in them.

Your words are like an echo of mine. Just replace the "HO" by lots of other words ...

Edited by al camino
  • Haha 1
Tony Galiani
16 hours ago, cteno4 said:

jeff

Funny - I have sort of been thinking the same thing.  I have been working on my Kato DD-13 as my first locomotive upgrade project.  And while it has been going okay my new eyes are making working on the fine details a bit of a challenge.  (Trying to unlearn 60 or so years of viewing habits is taking a bit of time.)  Anyway, after spending time on it yesterday I found myself on the Model Trains Plus web site looking at an HO scale DE-10.  Didn't act on it but we shall see how my project goes.  Hope to have pictures later this week.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

For me Japanese HO is like a sailboat, much better to have a friend with some than own your own... I do love the detail and mass of HO, but N scale overall is really me, best combo for my skills, likes, etc. but when I see some of those ho locos, temptation starts to whisper in my ear!

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

I do love the detail and mass of HO,

I so love detailing in HO scale.  If HO tram modules were a thing around here, that would be super tempting!  The photos in RM Models from JAM are just so stunning.

22 hours ago, Kamome said:

I’m still trying to model in n gauge but the odd HO additions are starting to pile up.

5E0E223D-246E-4334-AC9F-EFDA742701E3.jpeg

You have a long way to go yet! 😂

All the best,

Mark.

• Haha 2
On 10/7/2020 at 9:56 AM, Kiha66 said:

Yep, Its my first tramway myself and I had similar feelings.  I was disappointed that it'd be missing the rear headlight, but it turns out all those parts are included, but require some pretty tricky modeling to apply them.  I'll take a photo of the included parts so you can see what they come with.  I'm not sure I'll be installing them at this rate, they look nice but I dont trust my blind drilling into cast metal and not messing up the model.

You won't be drilling any holes in cast metal. The cab and the boiler are injection moulded plastic and drill quite easily. If you attach the exhaust pipe to the turbogenerator that's already fitted you can mark where the hole for it has to be drilled.  That will then give you the approximate position for the other turbogenerator. There are pilot holes on the underside of the footplate/running boards for the holes where the water treatment gear attaches on the fireman's side. The apron that goes under the smokebox simply glues onto the treadplate on the top of the feedwater heater cover. Every other part has a locating hole provided.

All the best,

Mark.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, marknewton said:

You have a long way to go yet! 😂

All the best,

Mark.

Don’t tempt me Mark. Too many shiny things and I need to reign it in a bit. I’m also neglecting a lot of my nice N gauge models.

• Haha 1
shadowtiger25
On 10/6/2020 at 7:55 PM, cteno4 said:

jeff

Always have done HO, even before I found I liked the Japanese stuff

N-scale is just.. to small for me. Always have been

• Like 2
21 hours ago, shadowtiger25 said:

Always have done HO, even before I found I liked the Japanese stuff

N-scale is just.. to small for me. Always have been

I was doing HO for a long time. Then figure out I could import models of the train that were in the pictures my cousin brought back.

Found an HO coach, built a short train as a practical joke, now look at where I am...

• Haha 1

Luckily I have no H0 interest.  Have not since grade school when my brother had a Tyco H0 set and it was all I knew (besides Lionel 0).  But I agree, they sure look nice.

For me, it comes down to how much can I do in X space and N allows me to do much more in the same space.  🙂 

So keep posting your H0 stuff for those of us who are lookers / gawkers !

• Like 1

Only a few more, only a few more....

photo4920637885661686079.thumb.jpg.b118a60ec34658e29ac841b1206d6145.jpg

Last of the Ho purchases arrived, the freight cars are all pretty nice, but the baggage car arrived broken and in pieces.  Still kinda bummed about that, gunna contact RoS and see what they can do about it.

photo4918386085848000816.thumb.jpg.76e2ea147b205ed921cba8b1937e4812.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Looks repairable mostly, but still surprising for a model of this price.  The interior has come apart breaking the end doors and the interior lights,  and also the end the frame has broken off.  If they were selling this model at a discount I wouldn't mind as much, but at MSRP I expected a bit better.  

Bummer dude. Was it loose in its box or something or soft box and got stomped on at some point? I guess even in a decent box and packed well if dropped fro high and falling flat on a side no visible damage to shipping box but abrupt g force could shatter things.

jeff

shadowtiger25
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Last of the Ho purchases arrived, the freight cars are all pretty nice, but the baggage car arrived broken and in pieces.  Still kinda bummed about that, gunna contact RoS and see what they can do about it.

photo4918386085848000816.thumb.jpg.76e2ea147b205ed921cba8b1937e4812.jpg

What company?

3 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Are you just running the HO trains around the floors or are you going to make a layout? That's what I do with my HO. the bigger size makes it easier to run them around the whole house. Lots of fun.

• Like 2

Mostly the latter!  I've had friends over sometimes where we set up floor layouts and run.  I also can bring them when I visit friends with HO layouts too.

• Like 2
On 10/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, Kiha66 said:

Last of the Ho purchases arrived, the freight cars are all pretty nice, but the baggage car arrived broken and in pieces.

The freight train looks good. Pity about the MaNi36 baggage car arriving damaged. As you said, it's made by Tramway. I have a couple of them, they're a nice model. I hope you can repair it, or if not get it replaced.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1