What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

I found out, after looking at an old copy of RM Models, that Tenshodo did release the C55/C57 in their plastic 16.5mm range back in 2005 or 2006.  Unfortunately I wasn't into Japanese HO back then.  Hopefully they will do a rerun...

If they do, I'll probably get one myself, I think the C57s are a very handsome loco.

Cheers,

Mark.

Recent pickup at a bricks and mortar store (can't find on any on sale on the net anymore), a "Kairyu" brand (aka Bachmann China) Ohafu 61,

Good score, that's a very nice looking car.

I picked up some unexpected extra cash this week, so I've ordered some more freight car kits from HS.

10110642a.jpg

10110650a.jpg

10078970.jpg

And I got a couple of packages the other day, containing a pair of Hollywood foundry "Bullant" drives, and some Tomix pantographs. I'm hoping to clear some accrued annual leave next month, so I can devote some time to modelling without having work to distract me!  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

Claude_Dreyfus

Much to my huge suprise, the Kato H0 DE10 I had given up on from Gaugemaster was presented to me on Friday. I am astonished how many detailing parts go on these things; but it is a really nice model and will keep the JRF liveried example company!

harukablue

Much to my huge suprise, the Kato H0 DE10 I had given up on from Gaugemaster was presented to me on Friday. I am astonished how many detailing parts go on these things; but it is a really nice model and will keep the JRF liveried example company!

Ive found my blue DE10 now :)

Guest JRF-1935

I Have the Blue and White Tomix DE10 with plows in N scale  -  was also surprised at the amount of detail parts.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine  :grin 

Rich C

Guest JRF-1935

Mines original - quite rare, and runs "extremely" well for her age  ;-)

Did manage to get all the detail parts on tho - came with sheet brass number boards - never saw that before - glad I didn't muck those up!

Rich C

Claude_Dreyfus

I must be insane! I have discovered that Kato still have some H0 D51s at their warehouse, so have put in a tentative order with my local shop. This could make me very poor...

Wait and see!

• Like 1
marknewton

Is that a typo? Did you mean DD51s? Or are we talking 2-8-2 steam locos? Coz if that's the case I 'd love one!  :grin

Who are you going to order it through?

Cheers,

Mark.

Claude_Dreyfus

Is that a typo? Did you mean DD51s? Or are we talking 2-8-2 steam locos? Coz if that's the case I 'd love one!  :grin

Who are you going to order it through?

Cheers,

Mark.

Not a typo...it is the 2-8-2 steam loco.

The order has been placed with Gaugemaster in the UK, who have a mixed reputation in getting stuff in. That said, they did eventually get my DE10 and have not rejected this order out of hand, so there is a chance...and it is showing as 'in stock' at Kato.

No guarentee that they will get one for me, but is certainly worth a try...

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=K1-202

Mudkip Orange

In the last month or so I've accumulated a ton of HO vehicles. Thinking I might do an HO diorama.

When I first got into Japanese trains in '03, we were at 120 yen to the dollar. I just don't see making huge Japanese N purchases while the yen is at 75.

That's a nice one there, Mark (Tramway taki 35000). Which version did you get?- the JOT, Nisseki/Mitsu/Shell/Mobil, or the jet fuel (JP8) version for US airbases?

Martijn Meerts

Ordered this fella: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10105422

Also tempted to order a couple more PG Gundams, seeing as they've restocked them. I really should finish the ones I already have though (PG, MG and HG) before getting new ones ;)

Also, should probably not buy all that much the coming months. Really planning on heading to Japan in 2012 (probably around autumn.)

That's a nice one there, Mark (Tramway taki 35000). Which version did you get?- the JOT, Nisseki/Mitsu/Shell/Mobil, or the jet fuel (JP8) version for US airbases?

The Nisseki/Mitsu/Shell/Mobil version. I wondered what the story was with the cars listed as "US Military use". Are these common?

Cheers,

Mark.

They are used on trains from Tsurumi to the Yokota AB.  There was a thread about this:

http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,3826.0.html

These trains have a checkered history, in 1967 a train of these tankers derailed and blew up at Shinjuku Station (at that time the destination was Tachikawa Air Base), which led to more Japanese opposition to the Vietnam War, and increased railway union aggravation.

• Like 1

They are used on trains from Tsurumi to the Yokota AB.  There was a thread about this:

These trains have a checkered history, in 1967 a train of these tankers derailed and blew up at Shinjuku Station (at that time the destination was Tachikawa Air Base), which led to more Japanese opposition to the Vietnam War, and increased railway union aggravation.

Apart from growing rail congestion in central Tokyo, I wonder if this incident had any bearing in the creation of the Musashino Line.

Cheers NB

Apart from growing rail congestion in central Tokyo, I wonder if this incident had any bearing in the creation of the Musashino Line.

Cheers NB

No doubt it further emphasized the need for separation of freight and passenger traffic, but the idea of a peripheral freight bypass route originated in the 1920's, was delayed by the war, and actual construction began in 1964.  The Mikawashima accident of 1962 and the Tsurumi accident the following year, which involved collisions between freight and passenger trains, probably was on the mind of many, and while the direct result was the introduction of ATS on eventually all lines, there certainly was an awareness of getting freight off the tracks of the commuter lines as much as possible.

They are used on trains from Tsurumi to the Yokota AB.  There was a thread about this:These trains have a checkered history, in 1967 a train of these tankers derailed and blew up at Shinjuku Station (at that time the destination was Tachikawa Air Base), which led to more Japanese opposition to the Vietnam War, and increased railway union aggravation.

I must have missed that thread - I was surprised to learn that the USAF still maintain a presence in Tokyo. So I'm glad I chose the Nisseki/Mitsu/Shell/Mobil version, as I assume they wouldn't be restricted to running in one area like the jet fuel version.

Cheers,

Mark.

So I'm glad I chose the Nisseki/Mitsu/Shell/Mobil version, as I assume they wouldn't be restricted to running in one area like the jet fuel version

Yes, the JP8 version is a rather specific model, you wouldn't see them outside southern Kanto.

Good to know I made the right choice!  :grin

It's funny, when I look back at my US modelling days I had no interest in anything past the mid 1950s, and yet these tankers immediately appealed to me. I realise they date from 1966, but part of their appeal is their quite modern appearance.

Cheers,

Mark.

I realise they date from 1966, but part of their appeal is their quite modern appearance.

Yes, though their centered "domes", and intermediate length make them look not out of place on a layout with steam, in addition to their black color.  It seems most tank car offerings in HO are of contemporary designs and colors, which is fine, but not my area of interest modelwise.

John P Boogerd

My first HO items arrived from Plaza Japan yesterday - what a great dealer - beautifully packed and here in a week.  I got a Kato EF65 with a 4-pack of Type 20 sleeping cars, a 2-pack of container cars and a tank car.

post-204-13569928703824_thumb.jpg

post-204-13569928703885_thumb.jpg

post-204-13569928729196_thumb.jpg

post-204-13569928729274_thumb.jpg