What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

Good luck on that, Martijn, I hope it goes together well for you. I think the C57s are the best looking engine out of the JNR standard designs, so a nice choice.

All the best,

Mark.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:06 AM, Claude_Dreyfus said:

It has been a while since I relented and bought an H0 loco (Japanese at any rate). I saw this cutie available, and could not resist...

IMG_4241.thumb.JPG.f25211b2b05b9429e3741d979126ea97.JPG

Have you had a chance to run it yet? I have an ED60 and ED61, both are superb runners. 

spacer.png

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 3
On 3/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, Jaco3011 said:

What about IMON 1/87 couplers?

I use IMON couplers on my HOn30 models. They're very nice, but as they use their own coupler box/housing, they're not a drop-in replacement for Kadees or other knuckle couplers on Japanese HO cars. The IMON coupler heads are marginally smaller than Kadee scale head couplers, so they look very good. They will couple to scale-head Kadees, but they need to be uncoupled manually.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus
5 hours ago, marknewton said:

Have you had a chance to run it yet? I have an ED60 and ED61, both are superb runners. 

I have, it is a really smooth runner. I have a few Micro Ace H0 products and they are excellent.

Another recent purchase has been a circuit of Kato H0 Unitrack, so I can finally get a chance to run my H0 stuff on a regular basis...

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts
6 hours ago, marknewton said:

Good luck on that, Martijn, I hope it goes together well for you. I think the C57s are the best looking engine out of the JNR standard designs, so a nice choice.

All the best,

Mark.

It's actually a C55 with road number 57.. A bit confusing really, even RG-Rokko got it mixed up a couple of times 🙂

I still haven't started the 9600 kit either, but I decided to pick up the C55 kit now because IMON's been doing a bunch of pre-built C55s, which can mean they'll be running out of kits soon-ish. I'm building an N-scale C55 at the moment, and I'm getting more and more comfortable with the soldering, really should start one of the bigger kits soon ...

• Like 3

On 3/28/2021 at 7:25 AM, marknewton said:

... I have an ED60 and ED61, both are superb runners. 

spacer.png

All the best,

Mark.

I missed to grab the ED60 in grape once she was available.

Does anyone of you know about a re-run behaviour of Micro-Ace H0 items?

roadstar_na6
2 hours ago, al camino said:

Does anyone of you know about a re-run behaviour of Micro-Ace H0 items?

MicroAce rarely does re-runs at all.

RG-Rokko still has four versions of the ED60/61/62 in stock 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Martijn Meerts

IMON C55-57 is on it's way here, currently expected to arrive on Monday April 12..

Expected to be able to run it sometime in 2318 probably 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 4/6/2021 at 8:10 PM, roadstar_na6 said:

MicroAce rarely does re-runs at all.

RG-Rokko still has four versions of the ED60/61/62 in stock 😉

May I ask for some support to find at RG-Rokko?

My tries to use their search returns just the Micro Ace N-scale (3084) ED62.

Wrong loco, wrong scale.

is https://rg-rokko.com/ the correct IP address?

roadstar_na6
1 hour ago, al camino said:

May I ask for some support to find at RG-Rokko?

This is their Japanese site, you can browse stock by clicking on the steam loco on the left and then just send a message through the contact form on their English website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Martijn Meerts

large.jrc-hoj-c55-57-001-boxes.jpg

It arrived 🙂

RG-Rokko had re-packaged things about, all the bags of parts were put into various Tomix and Kato plastic boxes, and then put into the outer (grey) box and storage (blue) box. Usually the blue box would be inside the grey box, and all the bags of parts would only be padded by some bubblewrap. So, bonus points to Tokonami-san, not just for being able to get this thing, but to then also re-package it.

As for the kit itself, it's going to be a bit of a challenge. I'll post more detail in my H0j / H0e project layout.

• Like 5

I watched some of the KTM assembly videos on Youtube and their expertise soldering brass was excellent, no surprises there. I now better understand why these things are so pricey. The attention to detail and care  taken for the ready to run models was phenomenal. I am very envious of these brass kits but would be terrified to even contemplate undertaking one. I look forward to hearing of your progress. 

Hats off to RG-Rokko for their sensible mentality to safe delivery and customer service. I assume the owner is also a modeller/collector and understands his customers needs exceptionally well.

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

To be honest, I haven't really had the courage to start the 9600, so now I have both that one and the new C55 to build. I did work quite a bit on the World Kougei Hokutan #2 tank loco and the World Kougei WaFu22000 car, which are both also H0j. But that loco is a lot less complex, and the car is obviously just a car, no crazy drive mechanism and such. I've also worked on various N-scale kits, so I do feel I should have the skills to work on the IMON ones now, but it's still quite daunting 😄

• Like 1

On the subject of 9600s, I brought this used one from a second hand Book Off store today for a pretty acceptable price. As a bonus, parts were fitted very well and it had also been crewed with some Kato drivers. 

It’s a Kyushu type, number 79668 which sported the Wave and Plover emblem on its deflectors. Interestingly, this one wasn’t scrapped until 1974 which made it one of the last steam engines still in service at that time. I guess many rail fans would flock to Kyushu as there are quite a few images of this one in its final few years around the East coast of Kyushu.

I must mention @marknewtonfor providing me with a lot of helpful information on purchasing my first Tenshodo locomotive. Thanks for all your help, Mark.

FA438B26-FA90-4474-BDF8-7F4C6E07A11D.jpeg

C5C99973-24B8-4534-84A8-E38D1912EB89.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Jeff, I’m pretty chuffed with it if you can excuse the pun.  As it’s my first Tenshodo locomotive, I’ve discovered that they use the word “plastic” quite loosely for “not brass”The tender is plastic along with some details like the domes and roof vents put the rest is die cast and metal wire so she’s a heavy girl!!

I discovered the Nami to Chidori mark is a traditional pattern often symbolising overcoming great challenges as the small sea birds overcome great powerful waves. There was also a novel called Namichidori by Yasunari Kawabata set in Kuju, close to the area in Oita, which may explain why the C50 and 9600 got this mark. The same author wrote the novel Izu no Odoriko which is how the train to Izu got its name.

• Like 2
lighthouse

Get two new tiny trains from Rokuhan. Kiha 58 Express an Kyushu colour! Girlfriend said i am childish but i love it and her! 😂

index.jpg

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Lucky me!

There was nothing for me with the *bargain* event of 1999 Hobby Search.

So my purse will survive this month. 😉

Edited by al camino
  • Like 2

Managed to find a “used” (brand new but owner didn’t need/want) HO Kiha 82 cab end for ¥4000 in my now frequently visited second hand outlet.

I can finally get my Kiha 82 formation finished as i also managed to locate the final 4 kiha 80 cars i need to make a Matsukaze (Kyoto - Hakata) 12 car formation. I’ve seen consist information of 6+6 with one of just キハ 80s and the other with 1ロ,1シ and 2ハ in between cab ends.

One of the ends is a 82 900 but there was one based down in Kyushu for a short time, so it is a possible option, according to Kato.

Photos i have found would suggest thee 900s were only in Hokkaido or on the Kiha 81 Hitachi. 

The other, more interesting, formation is a 6+3+3 with 3 of the cabs facing Kyoto rather than cab ends joined together. I like the fact that these DMU sets were broken up and put together in a variety of different ways and this is the formation i’ll probably model.

• Like 3
shadowtiger25

got this comic laser cut kit that went on a 50% off sale on hobby search 

Among some other things from the sale like a station platform and some people

Took me 7 hours to paint and build

And my phones camera sucks

IMG_20210521_003749_577.thumb.jpg.23f759bec97f4f21fea655cd7d89a0a3.jpgIMG_20210521_003751_968.thumb.jpg.3e750c13680711123cf89d2230a2f042.jpgIMG_20210521_003753_767.thumb.jpg.7e598aa7b207db4b46f27f6e57427868.jpg

• Like 4
shadowtiger25
Just now, Kiha66 said:

Wow, thats a very nice station!  I may have to pick one of those up myself.

It was on sale for 40 when its normally 89

• Like 1