What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

5 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Nice, now I‘m even more confused:

Posting/Collection

Oct 29 16:22
Handling office
NADA (HYOGO)

Arrival at outward office of exchange

Oct 29 23:26
Handling office
OSAKA INT (OSAKA)

Dispatch from outward office of exchange

Oct 30 16:30
Handling office
OSAKA INT (OSAKA)

And that‘s it for now

Dein Paket liegt in Osaka am Flughafrn und wartet auf einen Platz im nächsten Flieger nach DE.

Die Warteposition war bei mir auch mal extrem lang in der Anzeige. Dann irgendwann mal kamen 6 neue Meldungen auf einmal (arrival FRA, customes, Verteilzentrum, in Auslieferung etc.).

Seit 1991 bekomme ich Pakete aus Übersee (früher USA) und habe gelernt erst nach 14 Tagen oder mehr unruhig zu werden.

Hope that I don't get banned for writing Deutsch.

Edited by al camino

Your package is at Osaka airport and waits for a place on the next plane to DE.
The waiting status sometimes wasextremely long in the tracking for me. Then at some point there were 6 new messages at once (arrival FRA, customes, distribution center, in delivery etc.).
I have been receiving parcels from overseas (formerly USA) since 1991 and I only learned to get restless after 14 days or more.

Yeah I know, but this is EMS and not SAL, AirMail or ePacket. I expect my stuff to be shipped priority.

Edited by roadstar_na6
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, al camino said:

Hope that I don't get banned for writing Deutsch.

Why would you?

As long as that doesn't come an habit. 😉

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Yeah I know, but this is EMS and not SAL, AirMail or ePacket. I expect my stuff to be shipped priority.

I always had EMS. Sometime immediately, sometimes with nearly 2 weeks until the next plane offered enough room.

For the shipments to Japan once my japanese friend told that I should ship without priority.

He knew that the standard shipments were handled straight forward.

The express got separated at airport and received extra handling which often lasted a day or two longer that standard.

3 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Why would you?

As long as that doesn't come an habit. 😉

I don't know. After posting I remembered some dicussion in another forum about "wrong language".

Here I feel well as I didn't notice the harsh words that are usual with some other forums.

Don't worry. This is an international forum and most members do not speak English as their first language. We are very conscious of this.

The forum is laid back and welcoming. It is made to share knowledge, not to serve as a safe space for self-righteous know-it-alls. The only people getting the stick around here are spammers and people that would make a remark about "wrong language".

As long as other languages are not used for entire conversations, there is no need to make it an issue.

Edited by disturbman
words
  • Like 3

I'd take that as it being stuck in Osaka awaiting space on a flight?

Oops, didn't realise that I wasn't on the last page and that others had already stated that!

Edited by Welshbloke
Oops...

That’s the good thing about Japanese post, they can tell you exactly where the parcel is. I waited 4 weeks for a parcel from the UK. 3 weeks of that was waiting at Heathrow.  The UK post office couldn’t tell me that but tracking through JP post told me exactly which sorting office it was at.

With the reduced number of flights, i think there is a backlog everywhere. Companies like DHL with their own planes must be doing pretty well out of the current situation.

Well after 12 days at Osaka it actually arrived in Frankfurt today. Now I‘ll probably have to wait another week until I can pick it up from the customs office. So much for Express...

Mine just arrived. 2020-11-05 leaving 1999, 11-10 in FRA at the customs.

Today the curier rang and voila:

2*TAKI1000 jet fuel JP-8, 1*WAKI5000 kit, another TAKI1900 set, KUMOYA 145 plus traveling parts and 2* load for KUMORU by Bona Fide (Wheel sets).

Now I am missing the KUMORU/KURU set as my ordered is the postponed one. And also in need of one more core motor truck as the KUMOYA was a quick decision after I read of the post poned KUMORU.

This time the shipment went smoothly.

Except that my wife seems to be a bit - how to say - ehrr - well you know 😉

• Like 1

Arrived this morning - a Kato EF81 and the separate detail pack. I haven't had a chance to run it yet but the first impression is very favourable. The loco is nicely finished, quite heavy and already has some details applied. It certainly captures the fine lines and good looks of the real EF81s.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'll report back once I be given it a run and applied the details.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 5

I think you’ll be pleased with it, Mark.

Due to its twin motors, it hauls a long train pretty well. I’m still not hugely sure why the details just weren’t included in the first place but it does look pretty good once everything is applied. One word of caution already mentioned in a previous post. Just read and check the drilling instructions for the roof parts a few times before undergoing any work. Not all of the roof equipment was present all of the time and I ended up drilling 1 too many holes. The JNR model had equipment the JR one had and vice versa. I actually found the HO Tomix page a lot of help.

Edited by Kamome
  • Thanks 1
Martijn Meerts
1 hour ago, marknewton said:

Arrived this morning - a Kato EF81 and the separate detail pack. I haven't had a chance to run it yet but the first impression is very favourable. The loco is nicely finished, quite heavy and already has some details applied. It certainly captures the fine lines and good looks of the real EF81s.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'll report back once I be given it a run and applied the details.

Cheers,

Mark.

Looking good. Kinda makes me happy there's no easily available H0j electrics at the moment, but if World Kougei would do re-runs of some of their old electric kits (EF10, EF15, EF53, ED14) I might be in trouble 🙂

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kamome said:

Due to its twin motors, it hauls a long train pretty well.

I didn't open my Kato EF81 despite I usually disassemble everything short after I received it. I'm curious 🙂

I am surprised to read of 2 motors in that EF81.

I think I'll take the Kato tomorrow and have a look into.

Edited by al camino
shortened the quote and amended one sentence
4 hours ago, al camino said:

I didn't open my Kato EF81 despite I usually disassemble everything short after I received it. I'm curious 🙂

I am surprised to read of 2 motors in that EF81.

I think I'll take the Kato tomorrow and have a look into.

Same set up as the Kato EF510. The cab end bogies each have a small motor instead of the larger motor in the body. 

13 hours ago, Kamome said:

Same set up as the Kato EF510. The cab end bogies each have a small motor instead of the larger motor in the body. 

Ahh!

THe EF510 is too modern to me. So I did not take care for details of her.

(Sometimes my own limitation works. But not often.)

Edited by al camino
amended one line

I couldn’t resist the first part of this Hachette Delivery vehicle collection. As is always the case, the 1st instalment was an introductory price which then increases as you become engrossed. 

There is quite a nice range of older Japanese vehicles in this 1:43 die cast collection and i’m always taken with the 3 wheelers. There’s a couple more of the first five models i’m interested in, all around the ¥2000 range so certainly not unreasonable.

Anyway this little beauty was ¥800

Daihatsu Midget delivery truck with a load of Toshiba colour televisions.

The backing illustration also makes a nice art card.The illustrators name is Izuru Endo and seems he’s both a car and railway enthusiast. https://m.facebook.com/pg/endoizuru/posts/

Details of collection

http://www.shoyosha.jp/home.html

E12CA680-3ADC-4E75-82F1-124E14160D9E.jpeg

D068A844-8125-4094-9A69-91B8B2B39523.jpeg

• Like 4
On 11/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, Kamome said:

I think you’ll be pleased with it, Mark...

I think so too, and thanks for the advice about the detail parts for the roof.

All the best,

Mark.

*black weeks* in November:  Elektrolok EF63 2. Version Artikel-Nr.: H0-158 Einzelpreis: 269,99 EUR incl. MwSt.: 16,00%

I couldn't resist and the grape EF63 is in parcel van and shall arrive today.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, al camino said:

*black weeks* in November:  Elektrolok EF63 2. Version Artikel-Nr.: H0-158 Einzelpreis: 269,99 EUR incl. MwSt.: 16,00%

I couldn't resist and the grape EF63 is in parcel van and shall arrive today.

I had a look on this loco for 2 years now but the pricing always was too high (369 EUR if I remeber right).

Now the Black Friday (extended to weeks in whole November) gave the desired discount for a unused product.

Loco arrived sound and save except the loco was placed top down in original carton styrol foam insert.

Bought at a shop that has a real shop with counter etc. and not just internet sales.

But why are shops not able to pack an item correctly back into the box?

I was lucky that the prototype is a DC loco with nearly nothing on the roof and 3 bogies with 6 wheelsets.

The foam did not harm anything also because of the plastic foil wrapped around the loco.

I love the different face of this loco. Tilted windows and a center door protruding the windows.

Also she has large vent grilles in contrast to the smaller ones of EF65, 71, 75, 81 etc.

Also the twin functional coupler on one side to attach to EMUs is a great detail.

I think this will be the last modern "boxcab" loco except I can get hands on an grape colored ED60.

Edited by al camino
amended the coupler line (typos will be corrected later)
  • Like 1

Shipment with Storage boxes for 7 pcs. 20m coaches arrived in customs in FRA after 5 day between airport Tokyo and airport in Germany.

I am curious for the storage boxes.

And will get some Tracksetta templates (by PECO) offered as *bargain* items.

These were cheaper including shipping and tax compared to stores here (and even chaeper considering the BREXIT to come).

23 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Please share some pictures of those Boxes when they‘ve arrived 🙂

I'll do so - without and with cars.

These will be the first boxes I bought since the beginning of model railroading at around 1970! Crazy me ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1