What did you order or the post deliver? (HO and other scales)

bikkuri bahn

I have one of these locos. It's a very high quality model - beautiful detail and finish, superbly smooth and quiet mech, and lots of power.

In HO Zoukei Mura have made the DD54, EF13 and 0 series Shinkansen. But their main product range is large scale models of WW2 military aircraft.

Cheers,

Mark

Compared to their EF13 and DD54 I expect a high level.

And yes - the reasonable price is the issue.

Around 2 times 500 EUR is  quite a lot for an 8 car train considering a 0 consisting all car types and being short to cope with space and budget.

You need the 4 car extension to have the restaurant.

Since Endo launched the Odakyo 3100 my budget became too low for the 0.

Edited by al camino

What sort of price would I be looking at for a basic 8-car train and a full sixteen cat train?

So far, the most I've spent on a full coach train has been around 700-800 dollars for an American commuter train, and it's not quite done, as I didn't have a cab car untill recently and I still need two more cars to modify into other things. Is about 1k something reasonable for a full 0 train (spent in several smaller amounts, obviously) or would it be higher?

Guestimating in USD, but can roughly translate to Yen if need be.

Another Tomix KoKi 107 and a pair of 31' Nippon Express containers. And I said I'd stop at four HO KoKis!

I'll probably need a sixth too. Currently experimenting with 3d printing a 1:80 tank container for the KoKi 200, rescaled from a 1:87 one on Thingiverse. If it succeeds I'll do another, which will leave two 20' containers loose...

• Like 1
shadowtiger25

Well, been wanting one for a while and finally bit the bullet

Zoukei-mura Series 0 Shinkansen 

this one has the basic set, add on A and B and 2 more of the 26 tyoes that I think are motor cars for a total of a 12 car set.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w350706324

this has some better pictures/

https://www.modelemporium.shop/collections/paint-accessories/products/zoukei-mura-srs001-01-ho-scale-0-series-shinkansen-basic-set-4-cars-set

After this purchase I'm  probably going to see off some things that I dont really use that often, But I will wait a few weeks before doing that. 

• Like 2

Alright, I finally have an order arriving after a several month hiatus. This is a multi scale order, so I'll just put it all in here...
Started with an HO rerailer because my father has taken to using mine and I don't like it when my rerailer goes missing...

Got an obligatory anime wrapped bus in N scale, and four Z Shorty trailer chassis (two Shinkansen, two normal) since I forgot to get trailers when I ordered my Z Shorties...

Also, a whole lot of Tomytec HOe! I'll need to spend a fortune in chassis for them to run, but hey, it's a start and I know what I'm working with for size, which means I can start planning out my layout and maybe, just maybe, I'll have something unique at the next major event other than my strange collection of American trains in weird paints...

Anyways, here's a bunch of pictures! hopefully they don't embed upside down...

1130191330.jpg

Z Shorty Trailers
1130191331a.jpg

Love Live bus
1130191339a.jpg

1130191339.jpg

And whole heapings of narrow gauge!!!

1130191335.jpg

This entire train is shorter in length than an American EMD E8...which means it's about the same length as an EF510...

1130191353.jpg

1130191415.jpg

I got extra gondolas. Next order I place will probably net me a few more so I can have trains left at stations instead of just one set moving around.

1130191415a.jpg

1130191416.jpg

1130191415b.jpg

1130191418.jpg

1130191419.jpg

As much as I'd like to replicate an actual place, I will not be running these trains where they belong. I will be building a separate layout or my own design and running them there. Right now the goal is to have two towns, one at either end of the sectional layout, with one end interfacing with standard HO gauge tracks and the other end interfacing with the HOn30 layout that a club member is building. I don't have names picked out yet, now do I have a specific track layout, but I do have a general shape and idea of how I want to do this.

You guys have no clue how [expletive] excited I am for these. I've been wanting to get into narrow gauge for quite some time now, and this gave me a perfect way to get into it without going into brass, since brass isn't exactly...affordable...especially when you have to import it all and you have no experience with brass, no knowledge of how it works or hw to do work on brass models.

Also, the pictures all embedded properly! Horay!

• Like 8

Not a train but as Japanese HO vehicles and scenery are hard to come by, I couldn’t resist this Tomytec Hino TC30 truck in Nippon Express orange. Comes with a molded crate load. Nice little model

A7257D58-E325-4561-B73C-54B3A428B8CE.jpeg

• Like 7

A pair of Kato ToRas just happened. Completely out of era for the rest of my collection but they were too cheap to ignore (£27 including post on Amazon Marketplace)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Second box of indulgence arrived.

1218191656.jpg

It's more HOe and Tomytec goodies. Not much to look at other a litteral pile of wheel/weight/coupler sets and a fistfull of powered chassis. I also ordered two more HO rerailers, two more gondolas, and another loco/coach set. They all run now except for the diesel car because I ordered a TM-10R instead of a TM-07R and I couldn't fudge it in...

Oh well.

My fleet, as of now:

1218191942_HDR.jpg

Now comes the tedious/difficult part, getting decoders into these tiny locomotives and then building the layout for them to actually run on...

• Like 6

The ToRas aren't happening. As they'd advertised something they didn't have and couldn't supply. Got a refund.

Which is good news as the Tenshodo KuMoYa 145s are in stock, mine plus the trailer axles are on their way from Hobbysearch now. Hopefully the motors will catch up soon.

Surprise Christmas gift today, a friend found this model of the interior of a prewar suha coach at a Japanese discount store.  It even has a space to put a phone behind the window and play a recording of scenery passing by.  What a neat item!  

7c7f7e6e-fdd2-457a-bc18-43deac26a1be.thumb.jpg.dd69adf509f451ff962cbe13b670fd80.jpg

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Surprise Christmas gift today, a friend found this model of the interior of a prewar suha coach at a Japanese discount store.  It even has a space to put a phone behind the window and play a recording of scenery passing by.  What a neat item! 

I am more concerned about the girl hovering a foot above the seat 😉

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, keiichi77 said:

Please ignore the man behind the curtain the traveling witch, she's on vacation! 

I'll secure her properly once I repaint the interior, its currently a bit plastic-y as is.  I'll probably try to add some sort of raspberry pi or arduino controlled screen in the window for display at shows.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I'll secure her properly once I repaint the interior, its currently a bit plastic-y as is.  I'll probably try to add some sort of raspberry pi or arduino controlled screen in the window for display at shows.

cheap mp4 player is a real quick and dirty, but simple solution.

jeff

• Thanks 1

Yeah!

Christmas gift: Could just order one Tenshodo SUHA44 for Tsubame (Aodaisho color) to complement my train and balance the 1st / 2nd mix odf my train.

Here is where I placed the order.

Now the consist will be SUHANI33-SUHA44-SUHA44-SURO54-OSHI17-NASURO54-MAYTE39

A seven car train which meets my dimension demands.

Just have to get the matching EF58 running without derailing on any turnout. The KATO EF58 does not derail. Seems I have some investigation coming. Good that I have some days of vacation.

Edited by al camino
NARO54 does not exist. Typo by reading NARO10, the successor of NAR54.
  • Like 3

Good Point.

I checked and noticed 14.0 to 14.5 mm with the wheel sets ich checked.

I noticed that the different companies live in different standard worlds.

I will adjust them but need to prepare some supporting tool to avoid wobbling after pushing to the right distance.

There are more wheelsets to adjust than just the Tramway EF58.

Additionally the Tramway EF58 has very little load on the runner bogies.

A spring can be adjusted to increase the load - but then the increased friction tries to keep the bogie straight.

My Tsubame EF58 acts quite good now in one direction. I think that'll do. The trainling bogie gets guidance by the coupled train.

The blue EF58 is worse. A lot of burrs und mounting domes deformed by screw avoid free moving. Some more work to do on her.

The EF18 has the same chassis but lacks the cab above runner bogies. So there is literally no load on the axles.

The small weight Tramway uses there look awful and spoils the silouette totally.

But about this engine I'll write a separate entry.  A story of it's own.

Edited by al camino
On 12/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, keiichi77 said:

It is obviously missing the window glass and she is sitting on the window sill.  🙂   That is actually what it looked like to me.  I did not see her floating -- I saw her just sitting in the window...

Martijn Meerts

A World Kougei H0j car I pre-ordered what seems like years ago got shipped recently, will be interesting to see if the manual actually specifies which couplers and wheels I need, as they're not included. The Hobby Search page just said to get them from IMON separately, but IMON has many different sets of wheels and couplers 😄

• Like 1
On 12/25/2019 at 7:41 PM, GDorsett said:

How well do the Kato EF58s run?

Even though I need to finish my current projects before beginning a new one...

My EF 58 is years old - 20 minimum.

It is a good runner as I am used to with KATO engines. Smooth cruising and she did not derail.

22 minutes ago, al camino said:

My EF 58 is years old - 20 minimum.

It is a good runner as I am used to with KATO engines. Smooth cruising and she did not derail.

Do you know if they updated the mechanism at all?

I'd like to get one (as it'll blend it better among the GG1s of my club layout than the EF65s I haven't finished yet), but it's a tossup between the Tramway and Kato models. I'm at least familliar with Katos, but for the price, Tramway should be a better model...