Pre-Nup

Guest Closed Account 1

Guest Closed Account 1

My girlfriend of a few months said that when we get married, I could have a train room and the train can run through walls so to extend around the house like in certain restaurants.

I didn't know the word marriage ever came up.

I mean.... I look forward to spending all my time in the train room (man cave), bathroom, and the bedroom.  :laugh:

My girlfriend of a few months said that when we get married, I could have a train room and the train can run through walls so to extend around the house like in certain restaurants.

She sounds like a keeper, hopefully she'll not change her mind once she realizes the extent of the disease we all are afflicted with here on this forum :laugh:

she sounds smart as he got you talking about marriage w/o realizing it by talking trains (ooh bright shiny object) and has figured out a way to get you out of the man cave and into the other parts of the house by following the trains running around the house. sort of like the mechanical rabbit at the dog track!

you're in deep now buddy...

cheers

jeff

CaptOblivious

LOL! That's great.

Incidentally, my wife has not only permitted, but insisted that when we have a place of our own, that I build my train in just that manner. :D

guess in a pre-nup you would also need divy up custody of all the children (ie shinkansens, expresses, locals, trams) in case of a split...

jeff

When my wife and I were looking for a house, one of the first things I checked was the basement. When we found a house we both liked I told Pam she can decorate the house anyway she wanted, I just wanted half of the basement.

Claude_Dreyfus

Mrs Dreyfus isn't too fond of trains...nor do I have a railway room, despite having four bedrooms and no kids...guinea pigs don't count! The shed has still to be fitted with the luxuries, such as electricity; however once done I will at least have a little space to play... I have to contend with trecking 20 miles to the next county to play with my layout!

At least she thinks Japan is cool, therefore Japanese trains aren't too bad...

One of my exs, one that I stayed four years with, also wanted me to have/make an all-around the appartment layout.

DOES NOT COMPLY! ???

It doesn't have to. There is (saddly) more to life (and love) than model trains. ;)

One of my exs, one that I stayed four years with, also wanted me to have/make an all-around the appartment layout.

DOES NOT COMPLY! ???

It doesn't have to. There is (saddly) more to life (and love) than model trains. ;)

Yeah, I know. Just kidding.

I can already imagine my girlfriend being not so pleased with me having a layout in the house. Then again, I give her huge ammounts of free space and even go with her on shopping sprees, so that should compensate for it IMO. She's more of a 'car person', rather then a 'train person'. :laugh:

Really, you were joking?!!! I think I totally missed that!  :laugh:

No of course I knew you were joking.

My ex is an artist and she was (and still is) fascinated by small moving objects. And I think, like me, she was deeply impressed as a kid by Gaston Lagaffe's all-around the office aquarium layout. She wanted to emulate that with (my) model train.

Aquarium.gif

Hahaha :grin

Yeah, I remember Gaston Lagaffe (Guust Flater in the Netherlands) very well from my childhood. Very inspiring artist who drew those stories (André Franquin). I also liked that idea of the aquarium layout, but I don't know if I'd like it as a layout. Very high-maintenance I presume.

LOL years ago we tried to experiment with putting fish in tubes like this to sort of make a habit-trail for fish as an exhibit idea. basically they didnt like the tubes! most of them would hang out at the reservoir point you had to have on the system at some point and if you blocked that off with mesh they would just hang out at either end at either the upstream or downstream meshes... we had jokes around the design office of having an aquarium all around the office like that!

BTW cleaning was going to be an issue as the acrylic pipe let in light all over and thus grew algae fast on the wall. it would have to have been PIGed all the time to keep clean, but would have probably ended up scratching the heck out of the acrylic and fogging it up eventually!

cheers

jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

guess in a pre-nup you would also need divy up custody of all the children (ie shinkansens, expresses, locals, trams) in case of a split...

jeff

No way. That's part of the pre-nup. :)

Kinda related to the topic...

A good friend of mine and fellow model railroader tells of a guy he used to know. Well, this guy and his girlfriend started talking about getting married. But one of the things she insisted on was that he was going to have to get rid of the trains, because she didn't want them in her house. The guy decided he couldn't marry her, one of the reasons being that he enjoyed his trains too much to get rid of them. So they broke up. She later married another guy. And ended up killing her husband.

There's a life lesson in there somewhere.

• Like 3

Kinda related to the topic...

A good friend of mine and fellow model railroader tells of a guy he used to know. Well, this guy and his girlfriend started talking about getting married. But one of the things she insisted on was that he was going to have to get rid of the trains, because she didn't want them in her house. The guy decided he couldn't marry her, one of the reasons being that he enjoyed his trains too much to get rid of them. So they broke up. She later married another guy. And ended up killing her husband.

There's a life lesson in there somewhere.

"Trains save lives"...is that the life lesson....well it was for that modeler!

perhaps the second guy was caught with a t scale layout squirreled away in the back of a drawer somewhere in the house...

cheers

jeff

I could never live with a girl who doesn't accept me for who I am, and the trains are part of me. Also, if that person opresses your hobbies, prepare for more dictatorship measurements.

So, if your girl accepts your trains defective: you're quite in the safe-zone. If she joins you in your hobby: SCORE! or you're in for serious limits of freedom of choice. "I want that cat train, honey!" "No dear, that's not a JR model, it doesn't fit in our field of modelling..." :grin