Kato E5 Shinkansen

Hezekiah Strawbody

Guest Closed Account 1

It's the decoder.

It will not send enough juice to the headlight when in one position.

Tested the board separately. Cleaned contacts.

Headlight with decoder is dim.

Guest Closed Account 1

Bummer.

Got the replacement FL12 decoders last week and just got a round to installing them.  Ok the decoders are working properly and the directional lights function correctly.

When I went back to double check determine which of the other decoders was the issue, the decoder smoked and took out the stock board.

Kato USA will replace the FL12 with no problem but, they are checking into the light board.

post-436-13569929908145_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

Shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement light board. The board might also be fixable, depending on the damage. Resistors and LEDs are easy enough to replace, easy to find, and cheap ;)

Shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement light board. The board might also be fixable, depending on the damage. Resistors and LEDs are easy enough to replace, easy to find, and cheap ;)

Agreed

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hello all N-fans!

I'm interested in buying this fantastic KATO train, but in HS it's in "waiting list mail" mode  :sad:

Do you know any expected date to have it available again?  :grin

Thanks in advance for your help & Best Regards,

Rintintin.

Guest Closed Account 1

Send an email to Tu-Han at Popondetta.jp

http://www.popondetta.jp/asp/cgi-bin/shop.php?uid=11210285.893233953&screen=gds_srh&reload=&word=10-857&srh2=%B8%A1%BA%F7&gds_view=&gds_inf=&display=&bid=&ctgry=&knd=&mkr_nm=&mdl_nm=&type_nm=&prc%5B0%5D=&prc%5B1%5D=&year=&etc1=&etc2=&etc3=&etc4=&etc5=&sort=0&soldout=1&srh=&clr=&set_rep=&page=1

Tell them you would like to buy the train and give them the stock numbers of everything you want to buy.

They will respond and clearly say yes I agree.

They're prices and shipping is a lot lower than HS.

There is no exact date but it would be mid-late June but that is the basic set with M1 track starter set. Most likely they will re-release them at the same time.

Thank you very much for your help  :cheesy

Finally, I have ordered it to Popondetta.

I will tell you when it arrives to Spain, this will be my first Shinkansen! And I feel that it won't be the last one!  :laugh: (I also wanted the "Nozomi" 500 series, and the 800 series, but finally I've decided to choose the "Hayabusa" one).

Cheers  :cool:

@Rintintin: Did you order the complete 10-car set? If so, how much is shipping?

I still don't know the shipping cost  ??? I'm waiting an answer from Popondetta, because I've ask for other items and they will give me the total amount...

I've made the register form (for foreign users) but I don't know how to place an order (I don't understand japanese  ???).

I will keep you informed  :lipssealed:

Cheers,

Rintintin.

@Rintintin: Did you order the complete 10-car set? If so, how much is shipping?

Finally, the shipping cost were a bit expensive (about 7000 JPY) because I've purchased several things, and I live in Spain.

Cheers,

Rintintin.

The good news is that they don't make a profit on shipping - whatever you paid is whatever usually appears as postage paid.

On the other hand, they tend to use very thick and heavy boxes which make up a large part of the weight. I suppose it's good and bad but if something is probably packed (i.e. perfectly sized box and padded so that no empty space exists), then it'll be just as strong. But then again, can't blame them given their presumably huge mail order business.

Still, Popondetta is now the *only* place that I shop at.

Darklighter

Finally, the shipping cost were a bit expensive (about 7000 JPY) because I've purchased several things, and I live in Spain.

Muchas gracias por la información!  :grin

Muchas gracias por la información!  :grin

De nada (you're welcome)  :grin

Hi people  :grin

Finally, I've got it!  :grin My new KATO E5 Shinkansen has arrived at home! (after one month in customs  ???)

Now I'm enjoying with it, and installing the LED lights (new KATO 11-212 version 2). I will show you pictures later.

Thanks all for your help & Cheers.

Hi people  :grin

Finally, I've got it!  :grin My new KATO E5 Shinkansen has arrived at home! (after one month in customs  ???)

Now I'm enjoying with it, and installing the LED lights (new KATO 11-212 version 2). I will show you pictures later.

Enjoy It! One month in customs? I guess the agents like the E5 too.  :cheesy

Hi people  :grin

Finally, I've got it!  :grin My new KATO E5 Shinkansen has arrived at home! (after one month in customs  ???)

Enjoy It! One month in customs? I guess the agents like the E5 too.  :cheesy

Yes, I thought that too!  :grin

This train is a jewell! I have already installed the LED lights and it's perfect! Now, I need to convert to DCC mode... that should be a problem, but I will think in it later  :lipssealed:

I love it!  :grin

Cheers.

(UPDATE) Here are several videos from my YouTube channel. Enjoy it!  :grin