Kato E5 Shinkansen

Hezekiah Strawbody

E5 was released today, although HS is sold out already. Guess they (for the moment) only got enough to fill the pre-orders.

They did put up some more pictures of the thing on their site already though.

Still waiting for Tomix to make an announcement... Like I need to buy *more* trains -- That's my official excuse for waiting for their version.

Oh yeah I see now from the wiki. I see its available on a Japanese site but I cannot seem to register with a site translator. Oh well. I can wait a few days.

Webskipper,

I dont think HS will ship over seas from the japanese site, its set up for shipping w/in japan. even if you do register they may just kill and attempt to order from overseas. i also think the checkout payment methods will be japanese ones, not paypal...

jeff

Guest Closed Account 1

Well I ordered all 3 E5 sets today.

Received an email stating the 10-857 set is out of stock.

Rats. People must be just ordering that set only. Grrrrr.

Well I ordered all 3 E5 sets today.

Received an email stating the 10-857 set is out of stock.

Rats. People must be just ordering that set only. Grrrrr.

webskipper,

where did you end up ordering them from?

jeff

I paid for my pre-order 10 car set on Friday with HS.  I presume it will arrive this coming week.  Really looking forward to it.  I've also got a 0-2000 16 car Kato set on reserve.  After that ships in June I will use all my accrued points with HS and sit on my hands for a while - until prices become more competitive.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Plaza japan has E5 for sale right now , hurry.

regards

Brian

Not anymore.  :sad:

I got an email from them this morning, but I looked at it on my phone. I get home, and it's got the E5 on it as a new item. I click on it, and it's sold out.

I was waiting for it, and I missed. Oh well, I'm sure Kato will rerun it.

Sorry to hear that.

I was lucky to get the 3 car set, now im looking for 3 or 4 car add on set :cool:

regards

Brian

Plaza japan has E5 for sale right now , hurry.

regards

Brian

Not anymore.  :sad:

I got an email from them this morning, but I looked at it on my phone. I get home, and it's got the E5 on it as a new item. I click on it, and it's sold out.

I just received the email from HS to say my full E5 is shipping today.  A bit slow considering I paid them on Friday, I reckon.  The_Ghan browses the Rainbow 10 site and laments ........

Cheers

The_Ghan

angusmclean

Yes, I'm also sure, as for some time now, their popular items have been re-run after only a few months, and they will want to sell as many units to the market before someone else comes up with an issue. I'm fairly loyal to Kato primarily for their reliability, but I want the Tomix-type all-wheel pickup on my new trains, the idea is so simple and virtually eliminates flicker and hesitation. Sooner the better.

Angus

it actually may be a while before tomix got it while not 100% sure i was reading a randon japanese blog i found on one of those mixi groups and it seemd as though the liscence is exclusive to kato at this time. Maybe an agreement like ps3 and microsoft do with certain games for a while ???

i'll see if i can refind that if i can.

The way it translated at the time if memory serves right was "the liscence of the kato for exclusive"

Guest Closed Account 1

virtually eliminates flicker and hesitation. Sooner the better.

Angus

I was thinking about this while installing the Kato lighting decoders. Why not run wires up to the other pickups? No more lights flickering.

probably delayed becasue i had them modify the address to my adress Ghan

Don't make me order a hit Keitaro ...  :grin

Martijn Meerts

Just got a note the N700-7000 arrived now as well, that means my N700-8000 limited, N700-7000, and E5 should be shipping later this week.

Martijn Meerts

The funny thing is, when the first pictures of the E5 started showing up here (the prototype that is), most people thought it was really ugly. Yet by the sound of it, quite a few seem to have ordered one / want to order one ;)

Guest Closed Account 1

Ordered my 10-857 today from HS.

Have not heard anything about the stays of the other 2 addon sets I got elsewhere.

The funny thing is, when the first pictures of the E5 started showing up here (the prototype that is), most people thought it was really ugly. Yet by the sound of it, quite a few seem to have ordered one / want to order one ;)

It IS ugly but that doesn't make me one want one any less. If anything, I think ugly makes for interesting looking models.

• Like 1
Darklighter

It IS ugly but that doesn't make me one want one any less. If anything, I think ugly makes for interesting looking models.

I second that! And its color is awesome. Unfortunately, my pre-order was canceled by HWJ because of their closure.  :crybaby2: