Friendship Train @ 10th Annual Festival (includes E655)

bill937ca

CaptOblivious,

Here are the other shots of the Yuumekukan.

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

I ended up walking to the Toden Arakawa line after leaving here and rode it to Waseda and then back to Otsuka-eki-mae, so I didn't shoot any more. Plus the sun was already in the background.

stevenh, I'll have to wait for another JREast event or perhaps when they have an open house next year. I imagine that it won't be cheap, though. I'm not a good person to ask for things like this. Things that don't cost very much, I can do.

Best wishes,

Grant

Nice pictures, gmat.  Thanks especially for the workshop pics and the seller stand stuff- some of the サボ destination signs ("sabo" is short for "side board") looked pretty nice, though the prices may have scared me off.

Are those watches the actual ones used by the drivers?

Could be.  You can purchase new ones identical to those used by drivers in both JR and private railways, but of course without railway markings:

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/p_search/detail/do.php?no=SVBR001

Forgot to add:

The picture of the small brown teapots selling for 400 yen made me a recall a story my mother once told me, that back in the fifties, when she was a girl traveling on steam hauled trains on the holidays, hot tea in these pots would be sold by the roving station lunchbox vendors, and after the passengers has finished drinking the tea in them, they would toss them out the window onto the station area trackbed, leaving piles of shattered ceramics by the rails.  People were less conscious of littering back then.

Nice pictures, gmat.  Thanks especially for the workshop pics and the seller stand stuff- some of the サボ destination signs ("sabo" is short for "side board") looked pretty nice, though the prices may have scared me off.

Are those watches the actual ones used by the drivers?

Could be.  You can purchase new ones identical to those used by drivers in both JR and private railways, but of course without railway markings:

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/p_search/detail/do.php?no=SVBR001

Well now I'm even more interested to know what they were going for at the depot: here's a hobby shop selling some used ones for ¥¥¥!

http://www.karamatsu-train.co.jp/yhouhin/yhouhintokei.htm

The dark maroon train is the Nagomi, the Imperial Train.

Here are some more. sorry that the reflections make it hard to pick out details.

DSC_0490-1.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

DSC_0496-1.jpg

DSC_0498-1.jpg

DSC_0499-1.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0501-1.jpg

DSC_0502-1.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0507-1.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0527-1.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

• Like 1
sorry that the reflections make it hard to pick out details.

I have had the same problem with photographing Hankyu trains in similar light conditions.

ShinCanadaSen

Thank you Grant, for posting the extra photos of the Imperial Train. It's always disappointing when lighting conditions don't co-operate. It sure would be nice to have my own personal train !!!! :)