Friendship Train @ 10th Annual Festival (includes E655)

bill937ca

Subsequently, public events center [gather all the 10th 尾久 vehicle! Friendship Festival,] covers the state of the railway.

In this video demonstration is central to the scene. This is demonstrated by the jack lifting the body of the first 24 series car. And inspection of cranes found in plants, unlike the body will move up gradually, so jack. Reaches a certain height, the crowd moved to the front of the truck, the truck could see the cars up close 24 system.

E655 is a demonstration followed withdrawal of the system coupling. Royalty will take you more "Train summons" and "passenger train us," as if driven, but can be mounted hitch cover is retracted and removed it in the demonstration, based on the position of the coupler to set the scene. Manual workers and by five big ones but also took over 20 minutes of performance time, I could not see a rare scene recorded easily.

Oku Rolling Stock Depot in Tokyo's Kita Ward.  The main depot in Tokyo for loco-hauled coaching stock.

The first half of the video.  Starting at at about 6:23 you can see D51 498 on the turntable:

Went there on Saturday. Some pics.,

Saw this poster a week before.

DSC_0009.jpg

The line going in. They said that it was about a 50 minute wait. The line was very long but moved quickly. It only took about 20 minutes or so to get in. Seemed like about half parents with their kids and half rail fans.

DSC_0467.jpg

The end of the line. Seemed about a four or five minute walk to the end.

DSC_0468.jpg

This is less than half of the number of baby carriages parked on the side. I inadvertently deleted the shot showing the whole line.

DSC_0473.jpg

Much more to come.

Best wishes,

Grant

Putting on safety equipment on kids before going on one of the cherry picker truck.

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

People were sitting everywhere to eat the station box lunches that you could buy at the kiosk.

DSC_0484.jpg

Looking inside the maintenance shed. Hard to shoot this train as the dark maroon finish reflects like a mirror.

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

More to come.

Grant

Thanks Martin. I suspected as much.

What's Japan without shopping.

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

You could buy memorabilia/discarded items. The line for this kiosk was the longest.

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

Where do these curtains come from?

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

Anyone recognize what these are?

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

Chronometers.

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

Old style tea containers.

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

Grant

• Like 1

Parked too close together and with kids standing in front to get their pictures taken. This is a relatively uncluttered shot from the front. The back was more crowded.

DSC_0584.jpg

SL on the turntable.

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

Grant

Don't know the story with this car.

DSC_0710.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

You could sit in the next two cars.

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

Some kids found their own way to amuse themselves. One child was lying on the rail but got up before I could snap this picture..

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0760.jpg

Grant

Dress up in formal wear, as a stationmaster, I believe. The tall guy in the uniform would stand behind the parents and render a salute to get the kids to salute for the photo.

DSC_0764.jpg

I forgot to take a photo, but here, you have an ink stamp to stamp on a flyer with a space for this event and three others this month. It's called a stamp rally. They have them everywhere for different occasions. The man is holding a few flyers in his hand, but you can't see the spaces for the stamp marks.

DSC_0763.jpg

Taken at a park outside where I stopped to eat, but this is the box lunch that I got at the kiosk selling them.

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

DSC_0781.jpg

Leaving tired but happy. Oku Station. Note the train painted structure on top of the building next door.

DSC_0770.jpg

I can post more shots of the diesels if anyone wants.

The end.

Best wishes,

Grant

• Like 1

Great pics, Grant.  Nice to see they've got a set of 115s in Yokosuka colors.  I never went to one of these events, which I regret, and now I see they sell off old parts?  I could kick myself, lol.  Are those watches the actual ones used by the drivers?  Do you recall how much they were?

miyakoji,

I didn't get in to inspect the sale of used goods, so regretfully, I don't know how much they were. There was a long line to get in and I was also on a budget. I got the SL bento instead.

There is another event this coming Sunday. It is the 2010 Tokyo Metro Smile Festa at Ayase.

Best wishes,

Grant

• Like 1

There is another event this coming Sunday. It is the 2010 Tokyo Metro Smile Festa at Ayase.

Are you going to photograph that one too?  I'm not that big on subways but the Tokyo Metro has those new 16000 series trains, a set might be on display.

Miyakoji,

If you'd like to see some pictures, I'll try and go there.

I was going to try and catch the Kusatsu at 3:00, but I could do both.

Grant

I was just wondering, please don't go just for me!  The Kusatsu is a 185 series right?  I'll vote for pictures of that  :grin

CaptOblivious

DSC_0450.jpg

I thought the "Yumekuukan" 3-car set had been retired to some suburban mall display. But I see the sleeper car of the set peeking out of the left side of the frame…do they still run that?

Miyakoji,

I've shot the Kusatsu many times when it came to Shinjuku. I only missed it about two or three times. I also shot it one night at Ueno. Mostly taken at Shinjuku, but have shot it returning at Shin-Ogikubo and going both ways at Akabane. It was going pretty fast at Akabane. I think that I'll try to get it at Ikebukuro.

I'll probably catch both.

Best wishes,

Grant

Those 'scrap parts' look hella expensive! Here in Germany you can get a whole signal for a few tenners, other parts come dirt cheap as well.

All in all, thanks for the nice photographs and good to see you show an interest in people as well as the trains.

Anyone recognize what these are?

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

Grant

These really interest me... They seem to be indicator boards for the lines around Tokyo. I'd imagine they are from inside trains (the mounting brackets seem too thin for station walls?) to show congestion or problems on lines? Without a front-on view it's really difficult to work out.

They also seem to have 2 5/6 digit (maybe time displays?) LED displays on the bottom right.

Can't see any price tags either.

Talking to myself... they are the internal progress-guide for the old 253 Narita Express Trains:

DSCN1070.JPG

Damn, I'd love to debug one with an Arduino... Grant, I'll make it worth your while if you go back and get one :)

• Like 1