New Tram only Project.

keiman

well the bullant would take up most of the room w/in the trolly and ruin the great interiors. the big windows make this a very open looking tram.

i was thinking the tsugawa would be work well with the vertical motor going there in the side that has the windows partially blocked already.

would definitely require some milling to make a new center chassis piece. also not sure if there is an axle in this unit that drives both axles...

jeff

100 more people on order, road markings are a possibility- the sidewalks on the main road will have a few small stalls as well as people milling around.

372dda6b.jpg

e206ead7.jpg

963bd885.jpg

• Like 2

well the bullant would take up most of the room w/in the trolly and ruin the great interiors. the big windows make this a very open looking tram.

Kato Portram bogie?

would have to look at that for the width, wheel base might be close. tearing up one of them though could really be a mess and expensive!

jeff

Track as cleaned nowbits of paint and glue removed,will start fixing the track insets during the week.

:grin :grin :grin

Track inserts now fixed.

7af1ca4f.jpg

just got to decide how to do road markings- if I bother and then populate the sidewalks.

• Like 1

Don't do people :grin

Just stuck around 120 people on the layout :lipssealed:

The other 80 still to go. :sad:

Pictures at the weekend and maybe another video  - grandchildren permitting. ???

200 people....yeah I guess you do like people. What adhesive are you using?

Some were stuck down with PVA others with std polystyrene glue.

Thing was Towns need people.

Your layout is so awesome that I don't even want to own it. I just want to be N-sized down and hang out ON it!!! :-)

Sorry Kumo,

don't take lodgers :cheesy

Pleased every one likes it. It has little bits that I am not happy with (mainly the untidy wiring which is not visible) but as the first layout it has been an experience building it.

None of the buildings are fixed down so some could be used in the next project which will be DCC .

I have learnt a lot and have lots of ideas that will be incorparated next time round.

I want to stay with the Kato Pocketline range because i am committed to the 103mm curves, but don't want to run articulated trams which this layout was designed to use.

Will be 2 layouts with 2 styles of rolling stock

Have the grandchildren seen the layout and if so what was their reaction?

The grandchildren are well impressed  :cheesy

the oldest grandaughter is always my biggest critic and said there is only one major thing wrong, no Macdonalds with a car meet  in carpark(her words" NO Scoobies,Evos or Skylines")

Had to explain there are not any modern versions of these available.Think she is expecting Fast and Furious style cars with wings and spoilers. Thing is she loves watching my DVD's of Initial D and is a young Petrolhead, she can tell you all the different Subaru models and variations of the Impreza range. :laugh:

Great photos. And a great city design. I particularly liked the old house with a wall tucked in the corner, a very realistic use of available space.

The quantity of people goes a long way to making it real. The way you have them clustered in places where people would reasonably gather makes it look like there are more people than there really are.  I'll have to remember that.

I haven't watched the video yet; I'll be doing that shortly.

A couple of quick comments on the video:

- It definitely adds something that photos alone lack, seeing how the trains look in motion. And the pans across the rooftops show perspectives you'd never think to photograph separately.

- If you do buy a camera, get one that can mount on a tripod, and get at least a small (i.e., 20 cm tall) tripod, but also perhaps a full-size one.  These make it easier to put the camera where you want it, without hand-holding (which can never be as stable as a tripod).

- And find a way to edit the video, so you can remove things like the big shake at the start of the third video.  A hand-held pan that's a little uneven isn't a big distraction (and pans can be very important to making a good video), but massive shake looks bad and distracts the viewer.

But still good to see the video.

Cheers Ken,

Video quality not brilliant but first time I used that camera. people will have to excuse the giant finger giving a tram a helping start.

I kinda liked the giant finger.  Seeing a tram get stuck and helped out by the giant hand adds a touch of "realism" modelers often try to hide.  Track is rarely perfect, and wheels get dirty.

Right -Update on the original Keitown Layout.- I have decided to break it down. will be re-using all the lighting etc, hope the track will come up as I have decided the town needs to be incorporated in the new layout.the boards however will not link together.The original one is too low and the module idea of the new layout means easier storage.

Some of the cheap chinese figures suffered some damage when being removed but feel those that are beyond re-use, not a problem can soon get more.