New Tram only Project.

keiman

Inside of the smaller loop now has carpark,Alleyway between narrow street and outer loop is asphalt.

Crash rail on main road now white.

waiting on parcels before I can do much more.

Mudkip Orange

SDC10027.jpg

Wow, that's really where it's at. Gotta get those narrow Japanese laneways down... so much more interesting visually then the megastreets that come with the Kato tram track.

What I've been up to in the last couple of days. - Street lamps removed whilst work carries on (+ I broke one - caught it on my watch strap- memo to self remove watch first).

march42011.jpg

march32011.jpg

march22011.jpg

march12011.jpg

march52011.jpg

Ignore the elastic band on one building- waiting for the glue to set.

• Like 1

Hi,

your layout looks interesting.

It´s interesting that so many people plan a tram layout. I´m a great fan of tram layouts and have one in H0 (german city) and N, too.

You're making good progress with your layout. Are you going to fill in the road surface between the rails? If yes, how do you think you'lll do it?

Cheers,

Mark.

You're making good progress with your layout. Are you going to fill in the road surface between the rails? If yes, how do you think you'lll do it?

Cheers,

Mark.

When I find them again I will be using the Tomix tram track inserts ???

Not worried at present,want to get every thing else done first. then the track can be cleaned of any debris before the inserts get fitted.

I like the way the buildings are all different styles, jammed closely together.  It looks just like photographs I've seen.

When I find them again I will be using the Tomix tram track inserts ???Not worried at present,want to get every thing else done first. then the track can be cleaned of any debris before the inserts get fitted.

Ah, I'd forgotten about them. Good idea to wait until all your other scenic work is done. I think you're going to have something quite impressive when you're done.

Cheers,

Mark.

Rest of my street lights have arrived.

Shame this weekend is going to be Subaru orientated. Oil Change on 1 and change the power steering pump on the other- However if the weather is bad might work on the layout instead.

Oh yes, the narrow streets look really good.

Are the lights authentic ?

Doubt it but was what I could afford off E-Bay. They came from China

march34.jpg

march33.jpg

Naked streetlights.

• Like 1

As you can see from some of the later shots I had to put a pavement down the side where the Greenmax shops are. There was a major problem with shop canopies catching the trams if they had been flush with the tram track. Also it has meant I can fit the street lights a bit further back. You can see there is not alot of room if I run with pantograths raised.

Nice pics.

Do you want to build a catanary for your tram?

I may do at a later date, but at the moment just want to get the basics. still have to think about power/telephone poles.  If I do another tram track at a later date that will be single track point to point with a passing loop and I would definately have all the overhead cables etc.. I have enough track, Just no spare space at present.

The first set of street lights are now working.

Need to go to bed now as have busy day at work tomorrow. Will also give me time to work out how photograph them using my digital camera. have tried tonight but  no photos I feel worthy of posting yet.

Working street lights. I still need to work out how to get better pictures with the camera.

999825d8.jpg

ded64101.jpg

11d298d0.jpg

8efc88b0.jpg

Still got some lights left over. Have idea's where they are needed but want the rest of the bits I've ordered to arrive first.

You can see certain areas still need lighting - the arcade of 3 shops are an example.

• Like 1

Oh, man, now I've got to have working streetlights...  :grin

Those look great.

I haven't done any low-light photography on my layout yet, but I suspect you're going to need a tripod (or other rest), and a timed exposure to get adequate depth-of-field and no blurring from shake.

Have choice of 3 which one do you guys recon is best?

1 : Wood Yard

911e38b5.jpg

2 : Packing Factory

9bab4336.jpg

3 : Wharehouse/ metal works.

e6b93642.jpg

My thoughts at present are the middle one.