Kato - TGV Thalys PBKA

bill937ca

It certainly looks good in that new scheme, but as I already have the original version, hard for me to couph up this kind of dough for another Thalys!  On the other hand, if they did a Thalys in the old TGV style (e.g. the 'orange version' that Kato made) I would probably get it (basically this was the first 'HS" train I rode and distinctly remember seeing that old TGV design in those burgandy colors).

Ahem.. Is it fitted with Loksound? If yes.. I will get one>.. :grin

BTW , there 's no need to wait hehe...  

It 's here.. http://www.tee-usa.com/store/product31919.html

And its cheaper too.. :grin:laugh:

USD$356.83 (fixed price @ TEE)

USD$369.20(Pre-order price@HS)

USD$461.50(Fixed price @ HS)

I have learned that when tee-usa lists something with a price, it only means that the price is set, not that a new item is actually available yet.

Rich K.

I think is better if we wait...

I remeber the Duplex version start price was 319€, I bought one NIB at 199€ in Spain (on ebay.es) and it's not so hard to find one at 220-240€ on ebay.de (280 with mounted internal light), I payd the POS version 269€ because I pre-ordered one, now you can find it at 179€ NIB (not slightly used or like new, new in the shop  :sad:), the old PBKA is not so hard to find at 200-210€ and the Spanish version AVE operadora is available at 129-139€! 13,90€ each car including motor car

And don't worry about shipping because I speak about shop that can ship over the world and accept CC

(in Spain Trenelectrico in Madrid or Pedrotuoline in Almeria, Menzel Lokshuppen or Modelbahn Lippe In Germany)

ciao

Massimo

no it came and went some times I think they only order 2 of some items  :sad:

I know it was in stock as I was browsing and saw it in stock

you must have just missed

Sexy, isn't she?  My wife and I rode her on our Europe trip last year, up to Amsterdam.

Cheer

The_Ghan

ebay.de

Great source for European models and usually costs the same or cheaper than Japan. That's how I bought my PBKA set a few years ago. Just make sure it ships to "weltweit", though I was able to conduct a conversation using Google with a German seller on a very rare item that didn't ship worldwide, and everything worked out fine.

Actually Leo, the food we were served on the trip up to Amsterdam was pretty ordinary.  we were travelling 1st.  I'd say the food was the lowlight of our trip.

Maybe you are right Ghan, my friend and I were non-student backpackers forced to buy Eurorail pass 1st class.  We might, at that point, feel anything that's not pizza or sandwiches are good food  :grin

Guest Closed Account 1

Well, its pre ordered today. Once on the confirmation screen the price became $457 shipped. That's cutting into the beer budget.

Its is a very cool train. Wasn't there one for Spain with Spanish lettering?

Guest Closed Account 1

The TGV Thalys PBKA arrived this weekend. Too excited to take a focused picture.

First cab is the motor car. All the passenger cars will accept the Kato DCC lighting decoder 11-210. Cab #1 and #2 have directional lighting. The body color is the silver with the Red and Burgundy (or Merlot) as the accents.

Pretty neat with the articulated system.

post-436-13569928001808_thumb.jpg

'Skipper,

You're making me jealous!!!  Unfortunately, my thirst for Japanese trains exceeds my budget, so I can't splash out for any Euro consists.  However, my wife and I did get to ride this puppy in last May from Paris to Amsterdam.  If only it had had a bath the real deal would have looked as good as the model.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Guest Closed Account 1

I hear you Ghan.

That's why I pick and choose.

Now does the AVE travel all through Spain?

Need a Spanish bullet to run at the Tucson Train Museum.

The little Asian kids flock to my bullets and I feel like there should become Spanish representation. No none makes a Mexican train.

lordwinslow2

I don't know about Mexican trains, but there is this one in India!

Um Wow...That is all I can say to that...

Winslow  :laugh:

I don't know about Mexican trains, but there is this one in India!

Considering the green livery of the train - i think its more pakistan/bangladesh

Indian trains are generally maroon, cream/maroon, or light/dark blue liveries

Well always being a day late ( more like years) I found a Kato 10918 Thalys on Flea Bay and (the devil made me do it) I paid the price.... Figured I might not get another chance.

By the end of the week it should have made the journey from Japan to Illinois, to say I can hardly wait would be an understatement!!!

Leester