International Model Railway Exhibition Cologne 2010

Kabutoni

Hi all,

It's back again next week from Thursday (18.11.2010) to Sunday (21.11.2010)! One of the largest model train exhibitions in Germany. Strangely enough JapanModelRailways isn't present there. Probably because of the high exhibitioner fees. However, Hödl Linie 8 (from the Hiroshima 3000 series and more), KATO USA and  will be there with a stand.

Now, it's probably not going to be too interesting, so I think I'm only going for an Happy Hour ticket (15:00 to 18:00) on Thursday or Saturday, but I'd like to know if anyone else is thinking about going, so we could meet up. I can already tell you that Friday is a no-go for me, as I then have a meeting with my professor on my thesis.

Cheers!

Toni

Website and details here:

http://www.modellbahn-koeln.de/index.php?/en/

Claude_Dreyfus

Strangely enough JapanModelRailways isn't present there. Probably because of the high exhibitioner fees.

That's because they are at the Warley show in Birmingham, UK, that weekend...

Aaargh!

My first visit to Germany ever and I'm going to Cologne but I won't be there until december 6 th so I'll miss this completely  :sad:  sigh. Well if anyone knows of any model shops or bookstores with rail related stuff in cologne I'd appreciate it

Grrrrr

Graham

Ah, that makes sense for JapanModellRailways not to be in Cologne. Anyway, I was considering Stuttgart, but it's just too expensive for me to go there. I can travel for free to Cologne from my house and to Stuttgart will cost me about 70€ at least. So, no go for me. I'd rather spend that money on my future trip to Japan or some new tracks.

Claude_Dreyfus

Japan Model Railways won't be at Warley either as they are attending the Stuttgart Show

So they are... Just as well I have decided not to go this year...

Likewise.  With the impending arrival of Kato's new D51 and the Micro Ace DD54s in 2011 plus other goodies, the cost of going to the NEC will put to use elsewhere.

I wonder if Kia (Sonic883) and any of his club members are going to be there?

Nope, they are going to attend the N-Scale-Convention in Stuttgart.

Anyway, I was considering Stuttgart, but it's just too expensive for me to go there. I can travel for free to Cologne from my house and to Stuttgart will cost me about 70€ at least.

Same here... :sad: