JR-Chiisai: Storage yard modules

Martijn Meerts

Martijn Meerts

Now that you mention it... There is at least a "GOO" going on there ;)

• Like 1

I was just talking to a gentlemen at the train show I attended this past weekend and I mentioned that I don't really want to build layout but rather a yard or a large train depot or station to primarily display my trains.  When I go to Model Railroad clubs, I get stuck just looking at the big rail yards with all the trains.  Great job Martijn!

On 5/11/2012 at 5:31 AM, Martijn Meerts said:

Well, I found out that if I ever manage to take the yard to a show, I'll need to be there either a day early to fill the thing with trains, or get several people to help with the filling =)

The trains, from left to right:

- Tomix 0 series 20th century anniversary

- Tomix 0-2000 series

- Tomix 100 series 25th anniversay

- MicroAce 100-9000 series X1

- Tomix 100 series Fresh Green

- MicroAce 200-1500 series Tohoku Shinkansen 25th anniversary

- Tomix 300 series (not complete yet ... )

- Tomix 400 series

- Kato 500 series

- Tomix 700 series Hikari Rail Star

- Tomix n700-3000 series

- Tomix n700-7000 series

- Tomix n700-8000 series (R2)

- Tomix n700-8000 series (R10)

- Tomix 800 series

- Kato 800 series (my very first Japanese train =))

- Tomix E1 MAX

- Kato E4 MAX

- Kato E5 Hayabusa

- MicroAce 922-10 Dr. Yellow

- Tomix 923 Dr. Yellow

- MicroAce Kiha 40-2118 4th Kitaro Train

- MicroAce Kiha 40-2115 New Nezumi Otoko Train

Some pictures ...

Image 036 to image 040:

Various shots of the yard

Image 041:

A couple of guests ;)

jrc-sy01_036-left_yard.jpg

jrc-sy01_037-right_yard.jpg

jrc-sy01_038-full_yard.jpg

jrc-sy01_039-full_yard2.jpg

jrc-sy01_040-full_yard_track_level.jpg

jrc-sy01_041-guests.jpg

That's an AMAZING yard! I can only dream of having that much space to just store my equipment! 

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

It’s a bit of a dated picture. The yard is mostly finished by now, and the collection has grown a bit again as well :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Martijn Meerts said:

It’s a bit of a dated picture. The yard is mostly finished by now, and the collection has grown a bit again as well :)

It s still  impressive tho martyjn👍👍😀

i thought mine was looking good with 15 lines,ha ha

9 hours ago, Martijn Meerts said:

I agree. The yard is amazing! How do you control the switches? Do you have some sort of logic circuit set up so that you simply flick one switch and the right combination of switches are thrown for one particular line? Or is it completely automated?

• Like 1
On 2/21/2018 at 4:11 AM, Martijn Meerts said:

Oooooooh! You should totally take some pictures and show us! (Please) :grin

Martijn Meerts
On 21/02/2018 at 9:58 PM, gavino200 said:

I agree. The yard is amazing! How do you control the switches? Do you have some sort of logic circuit set up so that you simply flick one switch and the right combination of switches are thrown for one particular line? Or is it completely automated?

It's all DCC, and eventually will be computer controlled. At the moment I've set up the ECoS so that I can just tap a track, and all the switches will throw themselves.

On 23/02/2018 at 12:04 AM, Philphil said:

Oooooooh! You should totally take some pictures and show us! (Please) :grin

I'll try to remember.. I am (and have been for months) rather busy with work at the moment, and I just came back from a trip to Tokyo :)

There hasn't been that much progress to the yard (it's almost done, just needs a few more occupancy detectors installed) or the helix (also almost done, just need to finish the last loop), and I haven't even started the actual layout yet. But I'll see if I can take some more pictures of the various trains I have.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Martijn Meerts said:

It's all DCC, and eventually will be computer controlled. At the moment I've set up the ECoS so that I can just tap a track, and all the switches will throw themselves.

I'll try to remember.. I am (and have been for months) rather busy with work at the moment, and I just came back from a trip to Tokyo :)

There hasn't been that much progress to the yard (it's almost done, just needs a few more occupancy detectors installed) or the helix (also almost done, just need to finish the last loop), and I haven't even started the actual layout yet. But I'll see if I can take some more pictures of the various trains I have.

Well all look forward to that buddy👍😀😀😀

Martijn Meerts

Well.. Didn't manage to get out all the trains and take pictures, mainly because the train room is an absolute mess. The train room is basically the attic converted to an additional bedroom, but it's still also used as an attic, so all the stuff we don't immediately need gets thrown up there. It's all been piling up the past months though, so it needs a good cleaning first.

We also had a temporary layout up on the attic. Although, temporary is maybe not the best word. It's been there for 4 or 5 years, was fully digital and computer controlled. I took it down over the weekend though because my father can't get up to the attic anymore to run the trains anyway, and I need the additional space.

Hopefully I can manage to finish cleaning everything up in the coming week, and then be able to make the whole room a bit more tidy and create some additional space to work on the T-Trak modules as well. Depends a bit on work, which is busy as ever of course o.O

• Like 1