Heljan High Rise Building in stock at Walthers

An interesting high rise building is back in stock now at walthers (been out of stock for over a year). its listed as an HO scale building and the first floor is pretty close to that, but the high rise part is really n scale if you measure the floors. quite odd, but its walls on the high rise part make a nice wall units to do kitbashing with. these have sputtered in and out of the channels over the last few years. it may be the same as the old concor (i think) hospital model in n scale.

here is a pict of it:

http://web4.hobbylinc.com/gr/hlj/hlj1713.jpg

you can order thru your fav dealer that can order walthers. i get stuff like this from leestrains.com. he usually has a good price and good to deal with on odd stuff like this.

cheers

jeff

HA that seriously looks very odd. This building seems more like a 60's-70's North American style high rise though I am sure with some touch ups and mods, it can be made to look pretty good. Well, I suppose these days, "different" is the key since there are so many nice high rise buildings available (i.e. Kato, Tomytec, Tomix).

yeah the bottom floor with the skinny top tower is a bit odd. my plans are for a larger, more square building with the tower walls and not the big entry floor. others have put the towers back to back with different heights to give some interesting forms. high rise part looks like the generic cement and glass high rise you do see in japan. will probably forgo the exterior elevator!

cheers

jeff

Actually, I think this building could be 'at home' within modern Japanese Architecture - well, it has a very similar look to the Greenmax modular building anway1  Sure, that ground floor is cheesy!

Mine is on the right in the below photo (the building on the right  LEFT is a Faller building)

fallerandheljan.jpg

HA that seriously looks very odd. This building seems more like a 60's-70's North American style high rise though I am sure with some touch ups and mods, it can be made to look pretty good. Well, I suppose these days, "different" is the key since there are so many nice high rise buildings available (i.e. Kato, Tomytec, Tomix).

That wouldn't look at all out of place in Japan when one considers that you can have a traditional three-story Colonial house squeezed between two high-rise building and a n 800 year old Shinto shrine in downtown Shinjuku.

quinntopia, both buildings are good stand-ins for Japanese high rises.  The one on the left for a 1960's era high rise office (coloring is European tho- better to use grays/silver rather than brown) and the right one can even be a contemporary high rise condo, as the relief suggests balconies- color is spot-on.