Sign in to follow this  
SONIC883_de

5. Meeting of the Modeltrain Maniacs

SONIC883_de

First pictures are up

CaptOblivious

Looks like y'all are having a lot of fun!!

Bernard

Kia - Your club really knows how to have a meeting! :)

Martijn Meerts

Where in Germany or you located actually? I tend to take the boat from Oslo to Kiel during weekends to relax and such. Could be interesting to add a visit to your meeting during such a trip (I understand German btw, und ich spreche es auch ein bisschen ;))

Martijn Meerts

Kiel -> Wolfsburg seems to be around 4 hours by train, which is quite possibly doable.

Let's say, that'd be leave Oslo on friday, arrive in Kiel early saturday, train to Wolfsburg (or whatever train station would work best ;)), spend the day and possibly the night there, leave sunday morning at around 8:00 to make it to the boat back to Oslo which leaves at 13:00 I believe ;)

SONIC883_de

What a ride...

If you would do that - let me know

Martijn Meerts

The trip will be fun, I love traveling by boat, and I enjoy traveling by train ;)

In fact, I'm likely going to the Netherlands for christmas again, at which point I'll take the boat from Oslo to Kiel, local train to Hamburg, ICE to Hannover and then Köln and the local train to Kaldenkirchen where I'll be picked up by my parents by car probably ;)

Masioka

The trip will be fun, I love traveling by boat, and I enjoy traveling by train ;)

In fact, I'm likely going to the Netherlands for christmas again, at which point I'll take the boat from Oslo to Kiel, local train to Hamburg, ICE to Hannover and then Köln and the local train to Kaldenkirchen where I'll be picked up by my parents by car probably ;)

Aerophobia ? ;)

Martijn Meerts

Not at all, I often fly to the Netherlands for a long weekend/when I don't have a lot of time to spare. I just prefer to take things slow and easy if it comes to traveling ;)

serenityFan

All this talk about traveling through Europe by train is making me who is living down under just a little bit envy  ;D

You guys have all the fun ....  ;D ;D ;D