Pro Hobby Scenery Powders

i grabbed a bottle on the new pro hobby scenery powder to see what it was like. i got the light brown and tis a very nice fine blend of 3 or 4 colors to make up a nice scenery material. its a bit harder in texture than the usual woodland scenics or scenic express fine ground foams, at first i thought it was dyed saw dust like noch does, but it does give a bit when you rub it between your fingers.

i like the stuff. its about $5 per container probably closer to $7 or so once shipped with another order. you only get a small container for the price close to a large container of ws or se ground foam with 10x more so i would not use it to do general, large scale scenery. they do look a bit nicer for really fine scale stuff so great for those little spots where things are really in view or you have more scale items around where your eye focuses in more thus sees the scenery material detail more. ill probably pick a few more up of the general colors for scenes with other orders. im always on the hunt for varied colors and textures to do scenery with.

i feel like a drug dealer at the train shows as i have a wad of little zip lock baggies that have samples of the various ground foams, scenery materials, and ballast i already have to compare to whats on sale and look for new ones.

cheers

jeff