Nice surprise. Saw the JR West Shinkansen 500 today!

Samurai_Chris

Samurai_Chris

Spent the day at Fukuoka Airport for the Sky Festa airlines festival.. It was actualy crap, but my friend invited my family to the other end of the International terminal to visit the JASDF (Japan Air Self Defense Force) base, and got to check out some cool things...

On the way home, my wife wanted to go to Costco to get some stuff on the way home, and we have a Shinkansen track that runs strait over the shopping district..

On the way out, I wanted to check out the track to give me inspiration for my layout and as we were driving out the JR West Shinkansen 500 flew past at a rate of knots.. The whole family jumped up to see it as it went past, and it was hard for me to control the car as I wanted to watch it as I was driving next to it..

Anyway, great little end to the day for us! I came home had a few beers and watched mine go round and round in circles for about an hour.....

Chris

Samurai_Chris

Yeah, it was worth it.. My wife made me stand in the drissling rain for an hour, because she wanted a picture of a 777 taking off? I mean w.t.f?:cheesy

So I was happy that I got some luck and saw the 500.. Wasn't expecting it.....

Yeah, it was worth it.. My wife made me stand in the drissling rain for an hour, because she wanted a picture of a Boeing 777 taking off? I mean w.t.f?:cheesy

So I was happy that I got some luck and saw the 500.. Wasn't expecting it.....

Lol! Your wife must be a die-hard aviation enthusiast like me...Haha... Standing in the rain and taking photographs and videos of plane taking off!  :laugh: :laugh:

bikkuri bahn

With the 500 series being used on Kodama services, you could have a nice day trip with a short shinkansen ride out to Kita-Kyushu, or Shin-Shimonoseki, visit the Kyushu Railway Museum, and return by local train to Fukuoka.

If you were really cheap some of the Hakata Minami services are worked by 500 series and you don't have to pay a surcharge, I think the fare is 190 yen. Not as exciting though.