Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T

ChrisV

Gday guys

Just a question regarding the Kato model of the TAIWAN HIGH SPEED RAIL 700T and whether it is still available from any retailer?

I do not know much about it but was interested in picking up a set.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Chris :laugh:

I wish that's was true but it is more like below.

Basic set is 4,500.00 TWD = 141.857 USD

Add-on A is 2,850.00 TWD = 89.8430 USD

Add-on B is 2,850.00 TWD = 89.8430 USD

Total for the set is about 321.55 USD.

Well. It 's expensive because it comes with a seiko limited edition watch!

This is the most track sensitive Kato I have ever owned so make sure all your tracks smooth and level.

The official Taiwan Highspeed have them in stock.

http://www.thsrc.com.tw/tc/etc/product.asp?page=1

Wingmax

http://www.700t.com.tw/700t_products_04.html

Lol.. The all 3 expansion set and basic set for the 700T trains were all sold out by March 2009 lol , when I visited Taiwan.  ???

If you can't read chinese , I can translate for you. It means they have no more of such items in stock.

I have this set of trains....one of the ones I have is in the three boxes that when aligned side by side shows the whole train..it contains ..one engine with no number on it and the other 11 are numbered 101.01 thru 101.11. They were bought in Taiwan years ago. They are part of an inheritance and I know very little about them.  I do know that they were bought new and they were ran on track.  They are very, very rare and very expenisive.  I am trying to find out as much information as I can so that I can list the set on e-bay.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

post-2321-0-41587100-1397668867_thumb.jpg

post-2321-0-70955000-1397668880_thumb.jpg

post-2321-0-42587400-1397668896_thumb.jpg

post-2321-0-67685400-1397668908_thumb.jpg

post-2321-0-80781300-1397668924_thumb.jpg

I have the 12 car 700T set. It cost me US$580 when released in 2007, including postage from Taiwan. There was also a collector's edition that included a wooden case and watch, that went for about $800. A set in pristine condition would fetch at least that amount now due to the scarcity.

Initially, these were only available from the Taiwan High Speed Railway Company, and were produced to commemorate their opening. The high cost is partly due to the small production run.

Last year, Kato announced that they are planning to do a re-run that will be available internationally. The price will probably be comparable to their other shinkansen models. The re-run might diminish the value of your set.

Cheers,

Philip

As I know, the add-on sets are more valuable.

BTW, I am not sure if Kato did rerun it. I never saw the actually rerun version anywhere.

is this available again?

Doubtful... It is also selling for an arm and a leg sometimes on ebay or other portals...

I might be wrong, but those prices look like they are in Chinese Yuan (元) - if that's the case 2850 Yuan is about $420 USD.

Prices are in New Taiwanese Dollar :)

Hello,

That's very funny.

I have over 150 trains.  I would not pay more than US$500 for that one.  I'd pay about $1000 for the serial numbered special release with the watch.  However, nobody really collects Taiwanese trains in Japan and I don't think model railroad is all that popular in Taiwan.

It REALLY isn't all that collectible.

• Like 2

Hello,

That's very funny.

I have over 150 trains.  I would not pay more than US$500 for that one.  I'd pay about $1000 for the serial numbered special release with the watch.  However, nobody really collects Taiwanese trains in Japan and I don't think model railroad is all that popular in Taiwan.

It REALLY isn't all that collectible.

Yes Model railway are not so popular in Taiwan but I have visited a number of model railway shops in Taipei and they were pretty good. And of course there is the Touch Rail company which make many excellent models in N Gauge of Taiwanese trains. There is a good active railway scene there which is influenced by Japan.

There is some talk between Nanyo Bussan and Kabuto Models to revive the 700T in a model form for a more reasonable price.

As of lately, the interest in Taiwanese model trains seems to have increased a bit, as the number of new models is also increasing.

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

Yup, Sato san seems to be really interested on Taiwan trains..

Recently he made a set including one G22 and some blue 2 door commuter cars..

Not only that, but from Taiwan itself come quite a few new models, including the TEMU2000 that came out a few months ago. It's an excellent looking model, even from up close (got to see a few sets). The prices are a little bit higher than regular Japanese models, but are in the current MicroAce range, making them quite accessible. I think I have to visit Taiwan first to get an excuse to buy/trade a model...

Well, you can get them directly from Sato san, don't you? :P

Before I buy a train, I'd first like to ride them and/or see them in real life. Taiwan isn't too far away and is on the wishlist of countries to visit anyway. Like Indonesia and a few other S.E.Asian destinations of food and culture.