Substitutes for KATO Decoders

railzilla

Hello,

I have still a few Kato EMUs which need a Decoder. They can be fitted with the Kato(Digitrax) EM13. the problem is that the EM13 seems to be sold out in most shops. So i wonder if there is a replacement type with the same form factor? Or which decoders can fit inside the space designed for the EM13. I don't want to do any alteration on the chassis and/or casing but i can solder in a decoder.

Also i need a decoders for the cab cars.

Is there a way to order NGDCC decoders, seems for my cab cars it would be the best solution. i also have some Tomix and MicroAce stocj to be fitted. Any help is welcome.

There are no substitutes for the Kato decoders. NGDCC doesn't make anything compatible. Unless you want to hack-and-slash, your best bet is to wait for them to come back in stock (they will, eventually, I promise! Their manufacture seems to be on a 6-month rotation).

That said, other members have been able to order from NGDCC by emailing Shuhei Nagasue directly (email address is at the NGDCC website http://www.snjpn.com/index.htm ).

Thanks for the Info.

I am searching for the decoders for quite a while and most shop don't have stock. Some have a couple of the EM13 but no FL12 If i can get a small and cheap decoder i will do the "hack and slash" i can do so for Tomix and Micro Ace so i will do it for Kato to.

NGDCC seems have the best solution for decoders for bidirectional light. So i will write an email and give it a try.

Thanks for the tip bill937ca. Plazajapan is the only seller which has all three Kato  decoders in stock. At least my Kato rolling stock will be ready for winter season.

Plaza Japan has 15 FL12 decoders.

HS just listed the FL12 as a reseve item for October re-release at about 10% less.

But priced in the sky-high Yen.

True, if you can get them domestically they'll likely be cheaper.  I haven't seen the FL12 at MB Klein for a while now though, although they do have four of the EM13 left as I type this, and it's about 10% lower than HS's price (and you can get cheaper shipping too).