European trams

IST

I know this is a Japanese forum, but the following link can be interesting for those who bought the Unitram set, or have another tram system at home.

http://www.modelytramvaji.websnadno.cz/Prodej--Verkauf.html

This Czech guy makes different European trams in N gauge and sells the products (and kits also). There are trams from Budapest, Warsaw, Berlin, München, Prague, etc, and the prices seems to me correct. The home page is in Czech and German, but I have just contacted him in e-mail in English. Payment is possible with PayPal and money transfer. I have not bought tram from him, but pictures are promising, so in the next month I will order a T5C5 ("Tátra") tram. (Budapest, see it on my picture.

Interesting, thanks for posting. He has a good sized tram layout with three lines.

http://www.modelytramvaji.websnadno.cz/kolejiste.html

http://www.modelytramvaji.websnadno.cz/galerie-a-video.html

I've decided I'm going to model European trams mainly with Japanese tram track, drives and some accessories because I like the track geometry of European tram systems.

Hobby Dreamer

Thanks for the links!

Amazing how much one can fit in a small space with trams. I would love a large high-speed rail layout but don't really have the space, and tram layouts can offer interesting geometry (if you can find/make turnouts etc).

A few years ago a tram layout seemed impossible, especially in N, but we now have great trams, track, super-detailed track diotown pieces, trams with lighting and interiors!  What a long way from some of the American N scale trams!!

I've working on a plan for a layout based on Milan's ATM tram network.  I've created several plans for a 60 x 30 inch layout and this is the latest.  I'm planning for using Tomix Wide Tram Rail, although the piece numbers are not correct (but the lengths and radius are right).  Curves are C103 or C140 and the only non Wide Tram Rail pieces are 1231 and 1232 switches, a 1324 90 degree crossover and S33 or S18.5 straights to fit odd gaps.  My rolling stock would be 2 or 4 axle cars, of which Milan has over 200.

I've working on a plan for a layout based on Milan's ATM tram network. 

Great plan! And is this only 60x30? Hmmm.

I wrote to Michal and asked him to send me a bigger photo about his T5C5 kit. As he wrote he is just making his first tram of this type, so the attached picture is not about a finished one. I like its form, but there are a lot of work to do.

I ordered a motorized and a non motorized car from this type, it will cost me 100 euro, plus 7 euro the shipping cost. Trams have no interior.

post-248-13569925349963_thumb.jpg

Just a short update:

My tram arrived some days ago, it looks great. It has no lights, but has interior in one part of the tram. It uses a Tomix chassis, and as I experienced its slow speed running is not so good like Kato Portrams and the max speed is about 200 km/h ( :grin ), but I do not care, at least I have a tram model with Budapest feeling. It looks a little bit weird on my Unitram layout. :-)

post-248-13569926644335_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Mudkip Orange

Just a short update:

My tram arrived some days ago, it looks great. It has no lights, but has interior in one part of the tram. It uses a Tomix chassis, and as I experienced its slow speed running is not so good like Kato Portrams and the max speed is about 200 km/h ( :grin ), but I do not care, at least I have a tram model with Budapest feeling. It looks a little bit weird on my Unitram layout. :-)

This is pretty cool.

Wow I love that tram, great colour scheme as well! I have one of Michal's trams as well, the T7B5 from Olso. Here it is on my little layout. No problems with the top speed on my 35 cm long track ;).