Akihabara Electronic Goods Kiosks

Sorry for the delay, but here are some shots of the little kiosks next to Akihabara Station. The station renovation has severely cleared away many of the small stalls that we remember so well.

This is the corridor that cut across on the west side of the station. The front and back of the west side of the station is boarded up but this part of the electronic city remains for now.

S7308524.jpg

S7308520.jpg

S7308521.jpg

S7308522.jpg

S7308523.jpg

S7308525.jpg

S7308526.jpg

S7308527.jpg

If you want me to reshoot some shots, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Grant

This brings back great memories from when I was there, still before the building of the Tsukuba Express. It felt like wandering through a Blade Runner-eque dystopian urban landscape, but then with a strange positive feel to it. Maybe a bit magical at times, albeit nothing magic shrouds electronics... Just the atmosphere. It was impressive, as are quite some similar places in Tokyo, such as the people cluttering Ueno market in the evening and the Tsukiji's fish mongers at dawn.

I love wandering around this area, you could find anything electrical you could think of and a few things you couldn't think of as well. Most of these street side stalls could outdo most electrical stores in Australia let alone the big Japanese stores.