Hobby Search purchases NO LONGER include free donation!

CaptOblivious

Well, the affiliate program wasn't so excellent as I had been led to believe. Thank you to all who have made purchases using our affiliate link! But it turns out JNSForum isn't paid a commission unless it was your first purchase with Hobby Search. Which means that, to date, we have earned a sum total of 700 yen from this program, and we don't stand to earn much more than that.

In other words, the affiliate program is not at this time a suitable substitute for the Pay Pal donations—it simply doesn't provide a means for members to donate to JNSForum more than once (and not at all for long-standing HS customers!)

all right,all right, its not as good as we hoped, but hey, 700 already means it works!

so thats more reason to put the banner on top of every page. dont be shy with it.

whenever I log in there are 10-15 unregistered guests on as well. give them a guiding hand...

post-356-13569925603004_thumb.jpg

post-356-13569925603191_thumb.jpg

CaptOblivious

Eliphaz,

Point well taken: I just don't want well-intentioned members to be under the false impression that every time they shop at HS, they are making a donation, because (as it turns out) they aren't. :(

hobby world use to have a flyer in most boxes that i think said something about affiliate program or the like.

cheers

jeff

question - does the reffered party have to buy something, or does every click through give points too, purchase or not?

and-  I think there is room for both HS and HW on the banner line....

CaptOblivious

question - does the reffered party have to buy something, or does every click through give points too, purchase or not?

and-  I think there is room for both HS and HW on the banner line....

Elephaz: If a user clicks the link, makes a purchase, and creates a new points account for that purchase, we get a percentage; otherwise, nothing.