MRC 9001 train controller?

clem24

Here's a bit of an odd one. My local LHS just bought a whole ton of (very) old inventory from some retailer down in the US. Among the items are some brand new DC MRC 9001 Power, Sound and Light controllers. They are selling them for $40 CAD. I've never seen an MRC power pack go for that low. On the details (from the box), it's got momentum and brake (though probably calibrated for HO scale), engine and horn sounds (presumably diesel and steam), and a feature called constant lighting.

As you can tell by now, the last feature was the one that got me interested. Does anyone know what kind of a system this is? It says inside the box, there are 2 modules included that can hooked up to a train to get constant lighting. Just wondering if this is using a similar system to Tomix CL or if it's something completely different?

For $40, I am almost tempted to pick one up (though hesitant cause it's a final sale) as my Tomix CL-1001 just doesn't quite have enough juice to power a fully lit train. But I can't seem to find any info whatsoever on this on the web.

Anyway, just for kicks and giggles, they have brand new Monogram Go-Bots models, old Matchbox cap cars, ERTL Thomas diecast models, etc.. Most for about $1.99 each. Just tons of stuff from my childhood, but brand new and cheap (and very dusty)! Also picked up a stack of (unassembled) Intermountain tanker cars that I think I can pass off as Japanese, also for $1.99 ea.