Shimbashi MacDonalds Tomy/PlaRail Train Theme

MacDonalds has a Happy Meal toy train campaign for about three weeks, until August 19th.

The front of the MacDonalds on the west side of Shinbashi station.

S7308300.jpg

S7308266.jpg

S7308267.jpg

S7308268.jpg

S7308269.jpg

S7308270.jpg

S7308294.jpg

S7308299.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

• Like 1

If you save the receipt, you have a chance to get a Mac Prepaid card with a train motif.

S7308285.jpg

The steps leading to the second floor also had a train motif.

S7308319.jpg

You get a train in a blue package amd a PlaRail dvd with the happy meal.

I'll open mine and shoot it along with the dvd later.

Best wishes,

Grant

Hot dayum! That would trigger my interest in the Yellow M. Was it not for their shoddy quality here in Europe :grin I remember Japanese McDonalds being much better and a lot more attractive then here. Especially with the great toys that come with happy-meals... Also, wtf! A dvd! O_o

Sorry, not the best series of photos. Hand held with no extra lighting iin my kitchen.

S7308347.jpg

S7308348.jpg

S7308349.jpg

S7308350.jpg

S7308351.jpg

S7308352.jpg

S7308353.jpg

S7308354.jpg

Best wishes,

Grant

• Like 2

Hot dayum! That would trigger my interest in the Yellow M. Was it not for their shoddy quality here in Europe :grin I remember Japanese McDonalds being much better and a lot more attractive then here. Especially with the great toys that come with happy-meals... Also, wtf! A dvd! O_o

I suspect what makes McDonalds more appealing in Japan is the Japanese obsessiveness with cleanliness.

I suspect what makes McDonalds more appealing in Japan is the Japanese obsessiveness with cleanliness.

That however might improve the quality of 'dirty' food with 200% instantly over here :cheesy

Darn, August 19th, something else that will be finished by the time I get there. :sad:

I've found MacDonalds in Japan to be nicer than elsewhere as well. Mmmm, McTeriyaki Burger. :cool:

Imagine mainstream companies outside Japan promoting the model railroad/railfan hobby to kids in this way. Sorry, what am I thinking?

It seems the  only promotions of trains outside Japan involve a small blue tank engine with eyes...

And that's only when there's a lull between Harry Potter or Shrek movies and there's no alternative.

SubwayHypes

nice pictures!

yeah McDs in japan seems better for sure.  their burgers taste better and not as cheap as in the states.  they have cool stuff like the powders you can put on your fries.

and the teriyaki burgers yeaaaah....not as good as Mos BUrger (MOS HAS THE BEST TERIYAKI HANDS DOWN)...but McDs is definately a nice place to stop if you are in a rush or drunk at 4am.

Whatever part of the world you are in, if you arrive in a strange town late at night looking for something to eat Maccas is easy to find and you know what you're going to get.

I found a Mos Burger store in Taiwan, in the food court at Taipei station, but it wasn't as good as the ones I remember in Japan. It might be a Japanese thing, their KFC is better too.