NHK train DVDs

If you happen to visit the NHK studios near Shibuya and take the tour of the facilities, the gift shop has a number of NHK dvds. I didn't pick up any, but there is a four volume series on SLs. It has a blackish cover and goes for 3800 yen each. If it is the same as shown after station sign off in the early morning, then it is mostly B/W with background music. They run for 30 minutes. Didn't check the dvd box running times. There are also a number of foreign train dvds, including of a Chinese train running through Tibet. Like the SL piece, it has background music and runs for 30 minutes. I've seen one on the Enoshima Electric Line late at night on NHK, but they didn't have that dvd for sale. NHK also has a more recent compilation of various Japanese trains running through the countryside with 60s/70s pop music. (The Monkeys, etc)

I recorded the 4 SL episodes and the Tibet and Enoshima Line ones also. Possibly the Pop music one will play tonight.

Best wishes,

Grant

The train museum in Osaka has a great selection of train DVD's too, some of them are only 45m long, but are geared towards kids, but sell for ¥1000.