Sign in to follow this  
alpineaustralia

Faller car system

alpineaustralia

I came across this today and thought I must share it with you guys. Absolutely fantastic:

Martijn Meerts

Tells me the video is no longer available :/

Anyway, the car system is nice, but it has a lot of downsides, especially the N-scale version.

alpineaustralia

The problem is with the hyperlink. Try :  www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLG2K1gYB9A

wasunka

Tells me the video is no longer available :/

Anyway, the car system is nice, but it has a lot of downsides, especially the N-scale version.

What downsides?  How does it compare to the new Tomix?

Martijn Meerts

The main problem is that the N-scale version of the Faller system has terrible battery life.. A bus will run for about 10 minutes before you need to hook it up to the charger for a couple of hours. Other than that there's the obvious problems with there being no regular cars, so it looks weird with only busses and trucks running.

Detailing on the Faller busses is also pretty awful for the price of them. No idea about the Tomix systems, but it seems like it's somewhat better designed, and the detailing is better. The downside there is that I believe Tomix doesn't have a way to charge the batteries without taking them out of the bus.

rankodd

Detailing on the Faller busses is also pretty awful for the price of them. No idea about the Tomix systems, but it seems like it's somewhat better designed, and the detailing is better. The downside there is that I believe Tomix doesn't have a way to charge the batteries without taking them out of the bus.

It's worse, actually. Tomix uses non-rechargeable LR44 batteries, good for a couple of hours of runtime/pair.