SUBWAYS BACK.......loads of pics from Japan

SubwayHypes

SubwayHypes

Are those Kato pics of the Tokyo Store? or their head office? Are the Trains in the Glass Wall Cases Display or for sale? Just curious :)

yes everything is for sale, except for a few displays that are off limits.

but yeah, they have everything you could imagine on sight, but they are at retail prices.  you can get better deals hitting akihabara.  but its a real nice place to hang out for an hour or two, you can bring your trains and run them on their giant layout.  they also have a discount bin with trains for real cheap, that are usually in like new condition.  they are sold cheap because of things like "old series numbers" etc...still perfect condition.  i got a e531, e217, and e231 5 car sets for like 200 bucks.

they are sold cheap because of things like "old series numbers" etc...still perfect condition.  i got a e531, e217, and e231 5 car sets for like 200 bucks.

Subway - is that 200 for each set or the total price for the 3 sets you purchased?

Hi Bernard,

Pre-owned train sets are 50% plus off or more.  The best that I found are in Akiba, thought mostly cash only.  So to answer your question, it will be around $200 bucks for all three sets.

SubwayHypes

they are sold cheap because of things like "old series numbers" etc...still perfect condition.  i got a e531, e217, and e231 5 car sets for like 200 bucks.

Subway - is that 200 for each set or the total price for the 3 sets you purchased?

200 for all three

e531 joban five car set - 8000 yen

e217 yokosuka five car set - 5000 yen

e231 shonan shinjuku five car set - 7000 yen

they test all the motor cars and lights on a special little track to make sure they are in 100% working condition...i got a steal!  now i have two sets of all my favorite lines because i forked over 130-150 EACH for those same sets last year...

SubwayHypes

The main purpose of my trip..to visit the family shrine in Kyoto.  Really peaceful place, loved it.  I am inspired to do some Japanese style gardening in my front yard when money permits.

JAPAN2010181jns.jpg

JAPAN2010186.jpg

JAPAN2010187.jpg

JAPAN2010188.jpg

In Kyoto, check out the Railroad hotel, take the elevator to the top floor, and you get a nice view of Kyoto Station and can watch all the trains.  It was this station scene that i saw as a kid that is one of the inspirations for N scale.

JAPAN2010196.jpg

JAPAN2010198.jpg

JAPAN2010195.jpg

the video is better which il post later

WHO LIKES HAMBURGER STEAKKKY?

JAPAN2010210.jpg

JAPAN2010159.jpg

JAPAN2010239.jpg

JAPAN2010170.jpg

View of Tokyo from Shinjuku Observation Deck

JAPAN2010236jns.jpg

JAPAN2010228.jpg

JAPAN2010230.jpg

JAPAN2010211.jpg

JAPAN2010250.jpg

JAPAN2010252.jpg

JAPAN2010253.jpg

JAPAN2010254.jpg

people at the station

JAPAN2010216.jpg

and boom everyone is gone

JAPAN2010215.jpg

JAPAN2010214.jpg

shinjuku station ghost town

late nights in tokyo wandering around in a neon daze

JAPAN2010212.jpg

Very interesting photos of the family shrine, it does look very tranquil.

What is the building that looks like a "Blimp" (or a fat cigar) standing on it's end? 

The garden with it's bonsai trees would be a great place for a G scale garden railway. :grin

I'm starting to look forward to my trip when I look at your photos, 4 weeks to go. :cool:

SubwayHypes

the garden is awesome...its my familys priests temple in kyoto.  the shrine is a communal burial ground that my mothers japanese side of the family is buried.  i hope to get buried there, but since im only half of my mothers side and not pure japanese i dont know if i can.

i want to get a hammock and some rum/sprites and just hang out in the garden lol.  read a n scale magazine and lounge all day.  its so peaceful, all you hear is the cicadas and insects humming and the wind blowing the trees.

SubwayHypes

westfalen, when you go try to experiance both sides of japan.  the hectic, neon lights of the inner city at night...and try to get out to the suburbs and find a nice peaceful temple.

and definately try to check out Hakone Onsen baths if you got the money!

westfalen, when you go try to experiance both sides of japan.   the hectic, neon lights of the inner city at night...and try to get out to the suburbs and find a nice peaceful temple.

and definately try to check out Hakone Onsen baths if you got the money!

This will be my 8th trip to Japan, I agree about the difference between the two sides of Japan, the visitors who never leave downtown Tokyo or Kyoto are missing a lot.

The building that looks like a blimp is outside of the west entrance of Shinjuku Station. The small cream building with a red splotch behind it is the Odakyu Store above Shinjuku Station. I'll look up the name next time I'm in the area.

Best wishes,

Grant