Tomix Diorama World (book) --- incredible!

I did a search and don't recall anyone posting on this before, but I just received a copy of "Tomix Diorama World" (7401) from HobbySearch that is quite amazing. Its over 150 pages of some of the most beautiful N gauge layouts/diorama's that I've ever seen.  This book is just chock full of awesome photos of incredible layouts.  If your like me and you love the 'tease' of those photos on the covers of the Kato/Tomix catalogs, this is a great book to add to your collection.  I'm finding it very inspirational for my own layout and getting a lot of scenery ideas.  Its a little over $32 USD, but well worth every penny in my book.  Yikes!  I just read my above post and this sounds like some sort of advertisement!  :lipssealed:  Well, just consider this a recommendation that I think others on this forum would be interested in!

Here's a few photos to give you a sample:

P1150123.jpg

P1150124.jpg

P1150132.jpg

• Like 5

Man, I so want that book! I've been looking for it for a while now...but perhaps this will finally break the duck for me in terms of internet ordering!

The problem with Internet ordering from Japan is not that it's hard, it's that once you get over the "it's not quite what I'm used to" hump it's too easy, and addictive.  :grin

Just watch out for the postage.

And yeah, I so want that book now...

I may keep a look out for it while I'm in Japan in August to save the the postage. Looks like a good 'ideas' book.

Hobby Dreamer

Thanks for posting..

One can get a lot of ideas about what is possible. You also get to see N-scale products you might not see other wise.

Thanks

Rick

Just one note on this book.  I believe its been out for some time (and unavailable), so unless its been completely reissued you may not see the most up to date models.

I may keep a look out for it while I'm in Japan in August to save the the postage. Looks like a good 'ideas' book.

I've been around to a few book stores in Akihabara, and haven't seen it. It seems that most of the other Tomix diorama books are still for sale, but this one is definitely harder to find.

I should have mentioned this...Hobbysearch has them in stock right now. :grin  Just do a search on HobbySearch for "Tomix Diorama World" and it should show up!

I should have mentioned this...Hobbysearch has them in stock right now. :grin  

I seem to have been a stinker and got the last one!!

this is a phenomenal book, but warning it must be incased in plastic sleeves for each page or drool will ruin it!

its been a treasure of mine for a few years now!

cheers

jeff

ps congrats bill on being a stinker!

• Like 1

ps congrats bill on being a stinker!

I disagree. I'm now on the waiting list for this book.

*edit*

Bugger. Forgot the smilie! :D

i just received a copy of min e, and it is stunning yo look at. seeing that layout on the cover, packed the same type of wallop that seeing the Lionel Showroom layout did when I was a boy of seven years back in 1950! Wow, heady stuff

And, BTW I really enjoy ordering my trains from Japan. I deal with two vendors that are fair, and personable, though the postal charges are a bit much.

Lou

Lou,

Unfortunately heavy stuff like books are expensive to ship. Many times books get up to the upper end of sal pricing where ems is cheaper (about 2kg), so books are even expensive with sal.

Amazon use to have shipping 1500 yen for the first book and 300 yen each for the rest with two day delivery. Was great if you had a half dozen books to buy! We use to do group buys with the club. But that's no more...

Mokei and BT trains use to bring over catalogs and some books via container and then it was a lot more reasonable for shipping!

Jeff

Davo Dentetsu

I keep trying to distract mattdownunder by using the famous Davo phrase "Look over there, a distraction!"  Despite the genius of such a plan, I still haven't managed to steal it.  :(

Good little shelf filler, some mindblowing stuff in there.

My copy arrived today. Wow! I'd love to see an updated volume covering 1997 to current day.

There's some amazing modeling in this book!

It's alway great to pick up and flip through even though I've probably done that a hundred times in the last 10 years!

Jeff