Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

Well that's not that much of a problem as I would prefer Bandai bogeys anyway. A bit more expensive, but look better to me.

Though I've already spent way too much on model train stuff in the last month, so I'll put it on hold for a while, lol. But maybe in a few months I'll buy a bogey set and a motor. I'm still waiting for the power cable to arrive for my Kato controller anyway and even if it arrives, I don't have enough track to run two trains. So far I just have a CV1 oval, but already ordered a CV2 turnout set and a pair of track end buffers, so I suppose I'll make a loop with a siding track. The 205 will be able to go around while the 201 sits on the siding. But would be lovely to make some compact dual-track loop layout in the future, where both can run at the same time.

Edited by Dinosbacsi
1 hour ago, lukewang01 said:

Would you mind getting a picture without those bogies? From the style of that bogie, I'm afraid that chassis might only work with Bandai truck-T because the hole is slightly too large for KATO bogies. 

If that’s the one I think, they fall some times, when you lift them from the tracks. Not always. It’s not exactly an issue. It doesn’t impact running capabilities.

No, it doesn't impact running capabilities, I should say that first. It's just it falling off bugs me. I didn't have luck with them on my Cassiopeia set.

By the way, I found this on YAJ and apparently it's a 209-500 series in Chuo-Sobu line colors. But after looking around a bit, I couldn't find any other Chuo-Sobu 209-500 series B Train Shorty. Was the 209-500 even a model released by Bandai, or is it just a E231 with a white-painted front? Someone's custom DIY work maybe?

spacer.png

Looking really nice. What are the purpose of these, by the way? I mean transporting these transporters this way.

And what is this project you are talking about, if you don't mind me asking? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 3/18/2021 at 5:26 PM, disturbman said:

Oh, damn. Looks nice, but I guess it is rare then. So I'm not getting my hopes up for ever getting one. But I did win a box of a 4-car 103 series, in Chuo-Sobu colors to expand my yellow Shorty fleet! And it's the early 103 series with the bigger windshields, not the later types with the high cab - those look really ugly to me.

There is also an already assemled 4-car E231 set in yellow, for a pretty good price. But man I should really stop buying shorty stuff for a while, so I think I'll pass on this one.

1 hour ago, Dinosbacsi said:

But man I should really stop buying shorty stuff for a while

:insert image of a laughing hyena:

• Like 2

Thanks again!

Anyway, here are some Shorty pics from today with my new compact turnout set. Starting to run out of space on my desk, lol.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Give it time, the trains will slowly consume the keyboard, monitor and computer and takeover the desk... btrains are like little packmen.

jeff

• Haha 1

Kato bogeys may take the sharp curves a bit better due to the shorter wheelbases, I suppose? I plan on ordering R117 unitrack curves to try a layout idea on my desk, hopefully my Bandai bogeys and motor will also handle them well.

Talking about bogeys, guess who just ordered a set of Bandai rolling chassis again? Even though my 201 came with the old styled chassis with the removable bogeys, so only bogeys would be enough, but I could find a new set of T chassis for pretty much the same price I could find used bogey sets. So I'll swap them into the 201 probably, and the current chassis from the 201 will be good for later into another train if I find a set of bogeys for a good price or something.

Edit:

I just found this video, and judging by it, the Bandai sets don't seem to like the R103 curves.

Edited by Dinosbacsi
  • Like 1

The one in the video is the older power unit, it's 2-axle-drive. I suppose 4-axle-drive ones would perform better and you could put plenty weights on them to improve traction.

Kanpai Keith

Hi guys 

Im after a shorty DE10, but as I’m only putting together a small order I’d prefer to use AmazonJP.  I can’t locate this model on there although this could be down to the way searches work.

is anyone able to see if it’s available please?  Also what chassis should use?

thank you.

Kanpai Keith