Kato DF200 7007-2 DCC Digitrax DN1630A

Wow finally a easy one. The only issue is cutting the LED legs. I did not bother with it. May be later.

Oh the Digitrax N163K0A and B are the same except for the LED's. Version A has 2 LEDs where as B only has 1.

This install was a real drop in. Here is the image of the motor brushes. They are routed under the pickups and positioned to make contact with the decoder. No tape needed.

The decoder is in the back ground. That is the DC pad on the bottom that aligns with the motor brushes.

[smg id=913][smg id=914]

real easy.

Inobu

• Like 1
CaptOblivious

I see you soldered the motor leads to the board. I had to do the same with my EF65-1000 to ensure good contact. Melted a bit of the plastic frame though, GRR! One long-lost member here used folded up bits of tinfoil shoved between the motor tabs and the board as conductive shims to ensure good contact, and had good luck with it.

I see you soldered the motor leads to the board. I had to do the same with my EF65-1000 to ensure good contact. Melted a bit of the plastic frame though, GRR! One long-lost member here used folded up bits of tinfoil shoved between the motor tabs and the board as conductive shims to ensure good contact, and had good luck with it.

I did the soldering as pre-work install but it was not needed. The motor leads make contact on the bottom of the board instead of the top. It was convenient.

Inobu