my N micro layout

Tosaden

Hi,

due to a hint in this forum I found a suitable background for you layout. My sister-in-lay wondered why I put a bavarian background to my japanese modeltrain, but I told her that it looks partial similar to Germany.

P1040401.JPG

P1040406.JPG

That looks like a good backdrop to me. And it adds depth to the layout.  I also like the way the colors of the layout trees merge into those on the backdrop.

Claude_Dreyfus

That backscene finishes it off very nicely. In fact, the shape of those mountains looks more Japanese than Bavarian...so you have had a pretty good find there.

If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have know that it was a Bavarian and most people wouldn't know either. It looks great and adds depth to the layout. (The photos you posted show that.)

Tosadan, out of curiosity, what did you give your sister-in-law as a gift for Christmas this year? If it was something like a "power drill" or "jumper cables" for her car.....you're in trouble. :grin

Oh sorry, I forgot a sentence in my previous post. This background is not bavarian, it´s japanese and I found it from this article: http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,3934.0.html

I used this background http://shiagenin.michikusa.jp/sanmyaku.html and mirrored it.

@Bernard: no no, I won´t give her something like that ;-)

Yes, I thought it was Japanese, the terrain is very vertical relative to depth.  Though in Bavaria from pictures I've seen there is a similar verticality.  Nice model too!

Hi,

I decided to build a extension of my N layout. Please take a look at the overview:

P1060723.JPG

Here you can see the extension a little bit better. It meassures 50x40cm and is nearly as large as the original part.

P1060722.JPG

Don´t worry about the missing switches ;-)

For the terminal of the tram I will use the Tomix tram rail accessories

P1060729.JPG

Here you can see a macro view of it. I think it´s pretty cool and such a thing in H0 would be wonderful, too :-)

P1060728.JPG

Still 2 weeks for the Intermodellbau fair, where I hope to buy the missing parts (switches and buildings).

• Like 4

Last wednesday I visited the Intermodellbau in Dortmund, a fair for modelbuilders and I bought some new parts for the extension of my layout:

P1040456.JPG

Please ignore the books in the background, they have nothing to do with my layout.

I´ve built the following 6 houses of the Greenmax kit.

P1040463.JPG

And so looks my extension on this evening:

P1040468.JPG

Please take a look at some details:

First the park:

P1040467.JPG

I´ve made the water with a white glue for wood that is called Ponal. When it dries it becomes transparent.

And a second detail shows us the houses along the street:

P1040465.JPG

I hope you like it, too :-)

• Like 4

Tosaden,

hey great job on the green max shops/houses. really nice sign/details and painting.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

Tosaden, where did you source the catenary poles?

Cheers NB

@Jeff:

Thanks, I hope the details are correct and fit together. Unfortunately I can´t read the ads :-(

@Nick:

I bought all parts from a german store. You can find them in the internet, too: www.japanmodelrailways.com

I hope I can use the catanary poles for my japanese layout, too, although Dapol used an european model.

Nick_Burman

@Jeff:

Thanks, I hope the details are correct and fit together. Unfortunately I can´t read the ads :-(

@Nick:

I bought all parts from a german store. You can find them in the internet, too: www.japanmodelrailways.com

I hope I can use the catanary poles for my japanese layout, too, although Dapol used an european model.

Do you remember who makes them? Tomytec, GM? I've look at the site and couldn't find it...

Cheers NB

Darklighter

Nice layout!

@Nick:

Do you remember who makes them? Tomytec, GM? I've look at the site and couldn't find it...

"Dapol" is the manufacturer: http://shop.strato.de/epages/62531443.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=26828623 (the German page says that only 10 pieces are included!)

Hi,

I think I must chance the title of my thread. My layouts isn´t any longer a micro layout ;-)

Here you can see some new pics of my fictitious japanese town Minashima.

P1060851.JPG

At the station of Minashima you can see a EMU of the Wakashima Electric Railway in the strawberry painting (ichigo densa).

P1060846.JPG

At the tram stop you can see 2 tramcars:

P1060840.JPG

A view of the mainstreet of Minashima:

P1060847.JPG

and from the other side of the street:

P1060843.JPG

Some people enjoy the silence in the small park:

P1060849.JPG

... to be continued ...

• Like 6