pla-rail

GrahamH

Jeff and others

Sorry about spelling in previous post-more a case of actually being concerned with the you tube clip working.

I have been interested in these for some time. I just came across them on you tube and thought they would be nice. Unlike the bigger Pla-rail it looks like they can be set up on a table. Despite my best Sherlock Holmes investigation I have been unable to get more details. Often on the video clips are the wind up models , but mostly stationary (or is it stationery?). I can buy these wind ups as Thomas the tank in the UK for 2  pound sterling. But at least I think I can judge the scale and size.

I found more you tube videos this time by puttting in yujin trains. Sometimes when I come across these videos I just copy the Japanese and paste it in for a search. Today I thought I had struck gold and found a supplier in Hong Kong but it turned out to be Takara Tomy q-trains-the radio controlled ones.

All this doesn't mean I don't buy the Kato/Tomix models -it just adds interest. :laugh:

Graham

Mudkip Orange

There's a youtube user who creates epic battles using plarail trains until only one remains. I find them highly entertaining.

LOL!  :cheesy thanks! now that takes a really odd combination of interests to come up with something like that!

we did that sort of thing with real n scale trains on the jrm outer ground level one time when the dcc dudes tried to run three dcc trains on it at once. its a folded figure 8 with the cross over right next to 2 tunnel entrances. you can guess what happened...

cheers

jeff