Any advice on e-bay?

harukablue

Hi all,

Can anyone please give me some advice regarding e-bay??, my son sold for me 5 add on packs for the microsoft train sim to the same buyer he won these Tuesday eve, he then puts bad feedback on the site yesterday afternoon saying they are copies and frauds, when i had only posted them to him that afternoon!!!, contacted e-bay and paypal complete waste of time,,,even though i bought the postage from the paypal site yesterday afternoon the same time as this idiot left me the feedback, he is now trying to stop me getting the funds of paypal,,,anyone help me with ideas?,i write to him and he just send nasty mails back, take a look :-

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jonnyrees10&&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Lew

You should be able to start a case with Paypal and have them investigate it. I don't think you can talk to somebody immediately, but you can start a case through your Paypal account online. I had to do that once when somebody underpaid me and tried to block the transaction, and it worked out fine (in my favor).

CaptOblivious

Wow. People like that really get to me.

How was it that eBay and PayPal were of no use? I know eBay has been trending towards favoring the buyers, but there has to be some way to dispute this.

Thanks,,,have tried the feedback dispute theory,,,it seems e-bay and paypal only want to be the same company when it suits them, considering the feedback was left before i actually purchased the postage to send the goods of paypal seems strange enough, I can me having to make a small claims court unless this joker frees up the funds for the items, the other path is to contact his local police and file a complaint as its obtaining goods by deception in the eyes of the law

Lew

Lew, the only thing I can suggest is that you keep emailing or phoning ebay unitl they get their fingers out and do something, try and keep your calls or emails as civil and factual as you can (I know it can be tough at times), giving them all the information in a clear and concise manner.  You can request that the buyer returns your goods and he can keep his money, I realise you are out of pocket for the postage but so will he be.

Send copies of the abusive emails you have received from him to ebay as well, this along with the time line will strengthen your case.  I had one minor dispute with a seller and ebay did sort it out but it took over 2 weeks so keep at it.

You could certainly ask your local police if you have a case, you have his name and address so they would be able to track him, but you may have to take a civil case to the small claims court.

I would persevere with ebay a little more and email them every couple of days (or call them) to see what they are doing to help you.