Photos From Osaka

Beautiful shot of the 9100/9300 in motion... and the freighters... and Yodogawa Bridge! ('well done on getting there!) and also the trams... love the chinchin densha :)

Aaron - Great photo album and I like the way you organized it. My favorite if the Rapi:t, did you get a chance to ride on it or go inside?

Nice pictures--I really like the one of the Wakayama railway and the first tram photo.

But it looks like you had some pretty flat light most of the time. I guess that's good for avoiding contrasty pictures, but it must have been hard to get enough depth of field for a long, moving train without blurring it.

Nice pictures--I really like the one of the Wakayama railway and the first tram photo.

But it looks like you had some pretty flat light most of the time. I guess that's good for avoiding contrasty pictures, but it must have been hard to get enough depth of field for a long, moving train without blurring it.

It rained the entire trip. I had one day of sunlight and that was the day the Nikon decided that overhead cantany must CA.

Aaron - Great photo album and I like the way you organized it. My favorite if the Rapi:t, did you get a chance to ride on it or go inside?

Didn't get to step inside, the nice lady at the platform entrance said something about having to have a ticket to go beyond the yellow line.

Looking back over this post now in retrospect, I sort of wished I brought my 24-70 and 70-200 f/2.8 instead of the 18-200. The extra weight would have been worth it.

wakayama love that place go there all the time in japan not too far from the wifes grandma's house.

Plenty of great views to be had

Excellent Photo shots there Aaron, they are really great. I like the Hankyu and the one where the boy is looking toward the rail line near the vending machine. Really great shots, what is the camera that you use to get these great shots?

I was traveling light and lazy. The images were from a Nikon D2Hs and an 18-200 AF-S VR lens. They are good for shots at that posted size. I'd prefer to have used my 70-200 VR but did not want to lug that much weight around while spending every day for three weeks walking all day. If the images were larger, I'd've preferred to use my D2Xs or "borrow" one of my Coast Guard D3/D3s units.

I was traveling light and lazy. The images were from a Nikon D2Hs and an 18-200 AF-S VR lens. They are good for shots at that posted size. I'd prefer to have used my 70-200 VR but did not want to lug that much weight around while spending every day for three weeks walking all day. If the images were larger, I'd've preferred to use my D2Xs or "borrow" one of my Coast Guard D3/D3s units.

*jaw drops* how many cameras do you have? Well the photos looks really great and I know that I need a better camera (I only have got a small auto focus camera) to get better shots in which that one of my plans before going to Japan next year.

Well, four professional dSLR Nikons, plus the two pro dSLR's that the Coast Guard issues me for my weekend duty. there's also a FujiFilm dSLR for the studio. (total of seven professional dSLR) Then I have a few rangefinders, one of those new X100 FujiFilm cameras. I'm trying to move over to Leica for street photography work so my dSLR camera are used for newspaper work only, so I am planning to add one or two. M3's. I'd like to get an Epson R-D1DxG. I lsot track of the point and shoots, and most of the film eaters. I think I still have an old K1000 and an N6006 laying about somewhere.

We have a house in Wakayama (kind of). Wife wants to move there, If you ever go to the mountains there along the train line there is a mountain with some really old looking houses and we have been given a house to live in there if we wish to. Needs to be renovated as been empty for years since my wifes grandfather died (15 years) or so i think.

The house itself is almost 100 years old now. Built 1920 I think. I'll have to snap a bunch of photos of the line we can see it from the house and the station itself looks as old as the house.  :grin

• Like 1

Haha maybe if we do end up moving there in a year or so you can come visit :D then the house itself is in 2 parts not directly connected the 2nd part is very very old so old it looks hand built with out tools lol. outside doesn't but the wood support and walls do inside. Would love it to be my train house lol. has a large room approx 5m x 8m in size.