When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going

railzilla

This little indestructible loco is still doing its duty, shunting coal wagons back and forth.

Saw it when i went to work at site. When i came back the loco hand crew had a little rest.

Place is Kakanj, BIH. The town has a coal mine, a coal power plant and a cement plant. You always smell burnt coal  :sad:.

post-89-13569924534769_thumb.jpg

post-89-13569924537328_thumb.jpg

post-89-13569924539643_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
You always smell burnt coal  :sad:.

You'll miss it when it's all gone. I miss the smell of coal whenever I return from a vacation in East Europe or Poland.

It's always a relief to see new reports of working steam. For most places, the reports come in really sporadically, and it's easy to worry. Just when were you there, anyway?

It's always a relief to see new reports of working steam. For most places, the reports come in really sporadically, and it's easy to worry. Just when were you there, anyway?

I just returned from there Friday 23.04.2010. As coalisfree forthem i dont think they voing to buy a Diesel soon. Steam is just used for shunting at the coal loading and dragging the train

was electrified and run trough the middle of the town. It was then replaced by a cable system which was replaced  by

convoyor belts.

bikkuri bahn

Count your self as lucky that you can see real working steam so near to where you work or reside.  Please post any other pictures in the future, should you have the chance.