Tomix Wide Tram Track product numbers and prices announced

Tomix has announced the product numbers and prices for the Wide tram track due during the Summer of 2010.  At least one Japanese dealer is already taking reservations.

91085--Wide tram super-mini-rail set endless set(rail pattern SA-WT)   2,520(2,400)

91086--Wide tram mini-rail set basis set(rail pattern MA-WT) 2,835(2,700)

1790-- Wide tram rail S70-WT(F)(one set of configuration with two units) 378(360)

1791--Wide tram rail S140-WT(F)(one set of configuration with two units) 483(460)

1795--C103-WT(F)(30°60° each of one set that consists of two units) 945(900)

1796-- C140-WT(F)(30°60° each of one set that consists of two units) 945(900)

1797--C177-WT(F)(30°60° each of one set that consists of two units) 945(900)

0113--Wide tram rail and road common collaboration(32 piece insertion)  630(600)

No mention of switches or crossovers.

4543736910862.jpg

The small pieces in the photo are the 0113 item, which I presume is a joiner.

• Like 2
Hobby Dreamer

Just checking but does the 103 = 103mm radius? etc

Is there an equivalent to the Nuremberg Toy fair in Japan - in terms of product announcements? And are announced products eventually made?

I plan to make a freight yard/port so this Tomix track is perfect!

Finally, is there a quickie freeware for track design for the Tomix track - nothing fancy but more for "playing" around with configurations and determining space/track requirements..

Thanks

Is there an equivalent to the Nuremberg Toy fair in Japan - in terms of product announcements? And are announced products eventually made?

Finally, is there a quickie freeware for track design for the Tomix track - nothing fancy but more for "playing" around with configurations and determining space/track requirements..

Thanks

Yes, in Japan it's all metric, so C(urve)103 means a curve piece with a 103mm radius.

There are some major train events in Japan (I think the big announcements are in August?) however the Japanese train market tends to announce most things a lot closer to the actual release - most stuff is announced only 4 months before release, rather then announcing things a year in advance, taking pre-orders, and then delaying production for 2 more years. There is a thread linking to each manufacturers website where you can find their monthly announcement posters (Hobby Search also sends the hard copies, though I haven't figure out the pattern yet since it seems like a crap shoot which companies posters I get and how many)

AnyRail now includes Finetrack has a free demo version that is limited to 50 pieces, though for mini-rail/layouts I find you don't use nearly as many pieces.

Hmmmm... Me likey very much!

I was thinking about making a tight hidden spiral with 177 curves (and quite an insane gradient) for my layout. These tracks would save me the bother of constructing a difficult set-up made of wood -the gradient is no biggie as only short and light trains will run it-

Thanks

The major hobby trade show in Japan is the Shizuoka Hobby Show held each May.  It runs Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the first two days are trade only which creates tremendous excitement.

Most of the new items are on the market or known by August.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/shs/shs2010/index.htm

A report on last year's show.

http://jtrains.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/shizuoka-hobby-show-photos/

AnyRail will allow to create track plans up to 50 pieces without buying the software.  It lacks some of the newest pieces, but is being updated. You can set the size of the layout and see what fits.

http://www.anyrail.com/index_en.html