Tomix - New Releases

That Koki set looks interesting with some unreleased container types which I hope them to see release separately in addition to this. 

Also not listed above but HO EF66-100 also due for release in early and late versions. Both will be available in standard or prestige models. 

Das Steinkopf
34 minutes ago, Kamome said:

That Koki set looks interesting with some unreleased container types which I hope them to see release separately in addition to this. 

I am having a good think about this set as I have pretty much rounded out my KoKi fleet with the recent acquisition of 3 Kato 10-1421 sets and 6 Tomix 2778's to give me a total of 17 KoKi 104's, I have the RLF alternative car numbers and will be renumbering 4 of the Kato and all 6 of the Tomix KoKi 104's, I now have a total of 79 KoKi 100 variants as well as 2 KoKi 200's and 26 KoKi 50000's in my fleet, the addition of a further 16 KoKi's would give me a fairly large fleet to play with. One thing that does appeal to me is the UH17A's and UT3C which have never appeared in a completed model form before, the inclusion of 19G's and 20G 12' containers is also a bonus as there is not a lot of them readily available in sets, plus you can never go past more 19D's to add to the stock.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Rod.H said:

I won't say no to an entire train of Kokis in one box. 

Loaded Kokis at that

Its really interesting that Tomix decided to commemorate the last DD51 freight run before the DF200s took over with the whole consist rather than just loco and headmarks. Luckily it’s also a nice mix of wagons with 104, 106, 107 and 200s. 

It’s a pricey set at ¥65,000 SRP but a lot of outlets are going to do it between ¥45k-¥49k. But 16 kokis with containers and loco. 

Interestingly, Ami Ami have currently closed their preorders a day after announcement so this may be a quick mover. Probably good to get on the preorders if you want it as I doubt stock will stick around. 

Edited by Kamome

Wallet absolutely crying out in pain for the DD51 set. But it is my favorite locomotive and getting 16 loaded KoKis is a huge bonus, especially with ISO tanks and new sand containers.

14 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Write RGR or MTP directly.

And done! The scary option for me is to place an order directly with Plaza Japan and they want all the money now! I did find that IMON was still accepting orders but, they're domestic only from what I'm understanding

Das Steinkopf
20 minutes ago, Rod.H said:

And done! The scary option for me is to place an order directly with Plaza Japan and they want all the money now! I did find that IMON was still accepting orders but, they're domestic only from what I'm understanding

Plaza Japan have only 1 left when I checked and there was no way that I will be forking out $650+ AUD for an item that will not be in stock for over 6 months, I would have liked the set but I have plenty of KoKis already and the new containers are bound to show up in packs latter on.

It looks as if there was a pricing issue. Earlier on, Ami had it priced at ¥44800, now although still currently closed to pre-orders, it’s priced at ¥58400. Quite a difference and certainly much less attractive for me than simply buying some of the more interesting components.

Edited by Kamome

I wouldn’t give too much credence to that “new” price at a amiami, it’s higher than at HS and ami is never more expensive than HobbySearch.

It does seem strange that the normal discounted sellers have all closed preorders within less than a day of announcement, especially as there’s still 6 months before it’s release. Unless they have very strict stock allocation. Tam Tam don’t seem to have it listed at all. Models Imon still have open preorders for around ¥51,000. 

Seems like the interest has been huge already or retailers have some uncertainty about stock allocations.

I've organised a pre-order of the DD51 set through RG Rokko, when MTP gets back to me about it, I won't take it up. It must be the Koki's as sets of them and renumbering kits go fast. Then again I think any freight set goes quick if it also comes with different numbers to solo and includes ways to make singles have different numbers ie the Tomix limited ed 2-car Taki 1000 sets from 2017 & 2019.

Das Steinkopf
On 11/13/2021 at 3:38 PM, Rod.H said:

I've organised a pre-order of the DD51 set through RG Rokko, when MTP gets back to me about it, I won't take it up. It must be the Koki's as sets of them and renumbering kits go fast. Then again I think any freight set goes quick if it also comes with different numbers to solo and includes ways to make singles have different numbers ie the Tomix limited ed 2-car Taki 1000 sets from 2017 & 2019.

I bit the bullet and ordered from MTP as they just got listed there, Nariichi has it at the same price as HS so I can't really complain there and I am not going to risk waiting for AmiAmi to possibly relist it, in over 6 years of purchasing Japanese N scale I have never seen a set have its reservations closed so quickly.

Still seems to be available from RG-R. I wish I had the funds 😄 But then even at that Price Tomix couldn't be bothered to fit TNs and black wheels...

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Well AmiAmi has put the listing back up but now at the eye watering price of ¥59,800, I'm glad that Nariichi listed his for the same price as Hobby Search, before I was looking at it as a sit and wait to see who would offer the best price but seeing how fast the pre orders have been filled the time for waiting is well and truly over.

I'm not really sure what is up with Ami's pricing for this set. Their prices are usually some of the lowest available. Best prices ranking is normally (lowest to highest): RGR, AmiAmi, Hobby Search. Price-wise, iirc, MTP lies somewhere between AmiAmi and Hobby Search.

It's really not surprising to me it sold out so fast, it's a set marking a retirement of a diesel that was a mainstay in Japanese freight for a long time as well as a set that for a relatively low price can give you two trains worth of KoKis and containers WITH unique numbers which if bought separately would be waaaaaay over the 50k yen asking price. Also you get a nice case to hold everything in with probably some nice art on it, maybe even a nice slip-case cover. 

Hate to blame it since it's the go-to problem for everything but I think supply chain issues are to blame for the shortage here plus the fact it's an expensive set. 

Tomix announced that their Comprehensive Guide will not be released in December, as was usual in previous years, we should expect the release sometimes in spring 2022 instead. 

• Like 1

June 2022: JNR 485 series (1/80 scale)

40th Anniversary of Tohoku Shinkansen:

July 2022: JNR 185-200 series limited express train (Shinkansen relay) (high grade)

Planned for August 2022: JNR 200 series (Tohoku-Joetsu Shinkansen)
Planned for September 2022: JNR 485-1500 series limited express train (Hatsukari) (high grade)

Planned for October 2022: JNR Kiha 183-0 series limited express train

• Like 2