Tomix - New Releases

mmhh.. I think is just a "re-release" but with the new motor like the 200 F set, 800 etc.... (and I think this will be not the last one....)

DR.Yellow number ...4    😒   nah, this time is enough

ciao!

Massimo

14 hours ago, GCS said:

Has the 923 been retooled with the pantograph lights like the Kato model?  Or is it just a rerelease…

I think it is just a re-release, there is no updated info of Pantograph lights on Tomix website...

●本製品(1・2・3・7号車)と<98481>増結セットを組み合わせて7両フル編成が再現可能
●車番・側面号車番号・屋根上号車番号・JRマークは印刷済
●フック・U字型通電カプラー採用
●可動幌装備
●ヘッド・テールライトは常点灯基板装備

(Head and Tail lights that concur with CL lighting installed) 
●フライホイール付動力採用
●新集電システム・銀色車輪採用
●M-13モーター採用

• Like 1
On 2/10/2022 at 12:27 AM, JR 500系 said:

The HC85 looks good, another boring looking JR Central train but I love them nonetheless, haha.  Darn it, an 8 car Hinotori.  Time to go pre-order shopping. 😁

8 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Darn it, an 8 car Hinotori.  Time to go pre-order shopping. 😁

I got ther 6-cars one ... temptating !

2 hours ago, JR East said:

I got ther 6-cars one ... temptating !

Me too, but it is a different formation.  Leaning towards getting it. 

4 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Me too, but and it is a different formation. Leaning towards getting it.

FTFY 😁

Actually, you can make your own formations since the numbers are selectable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still wondering why they did the 6-car version with 2 empty slots in the middle of the case, do the 8-car version, and no 2-car add-on for those who bought the 6-cars earlier ~ X_X

Edited by JR 500系

My guess is because the urethane is specifically designed for the Hinotori and they were not going to design and produce two different versions for it. They already knew they would be producing the 8-car version.

• Like 1
On 2/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, JR 500系 said:

I'm still wondering why they did the 6-car version with 2 empty slots in the middle of the case, do the 8-car version, and no 2-car add-on for those who bought the 6-cars earlier ~ X_X

I would guess there was the intention to produce the added 2 cars once the 8 cars entered service but due to the sizeable gap in production and lack of 6 car versions in retailers, they decided just to run another model. Sounds like the middle cars have a simple cab to allow the train to be easily separated into 2x 4 car sections.  It is a nice model so very tempting to get another.

47 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Pretty disappointed to see the Kushiro Anniversary JNR color Kiha 40-1700s only being produced in HO, hope they do them in N at some point. I feel this months release announcements have been underwhelming besides the Microace Sakura Liner. 

Edited by Arctic

They're expensive, but I do like the Kiha 40 pair in the JNR colors. I've wanted a Kiha 40 in that scheme ever since mistaking a 52 series for a 40 series years ago.  How bad are tomix kiha40s to convert to DCC?

I'm upset the taki is being sold as a kit only, and for more than the assembled version cost of the exact same model last time tomix released them.

I’ve been looking at making a ballast train with the regular Hoki 800s. I hope they see fit to add more details and black wheels rather than just different numbers.

The HO Kiha 40 is a nice addition but too modern for me. I’ve found the Tomix kits are ok but don’t run hugely well compared with RTR. The Taki 1900s foul quite a lot of their underside detail.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Kamome said:

I’ve been looking at making a ballast train with the regular Hoki 800s. I hope they see fit to add more details and black wheels rather than just different numbers.

The HO Kiha 40 is a nice addition but too modern for me. I’ve found the Tomix kits are ok but don’t run hugely well compared with RTR. The Taki 1900s foul quite a lot of their underside detail.

Description has black wheels and removable ballast. Although Tomix's black wheels are more of a metallic grey.

I hope the offer the removable ballast separately for those of us with older sets.

Edited by katoftw
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Description has black wheels and removable ballast. Although Tomix's black wheels are more of a metallic grey.

I hope the offer the removable ballast separately for those of us with older sets.

Thanks for the information @katoftw

It’s good news about the wheels as trying to source blackened ones from Tomix is both challenging to find enough  and expensive. 

After seeing your post, I had a look at the Tomix information myself. They mention this kind of ballast train being replaced by the GV-E197. I wonder if that and/or the E493 will be released at a later date.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:07 AM, katoftw said:

Hmm, thanks for that, guess I actually pre-order these.

Here are the tomix announcements for this month:

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/information/img/pdf/poster220414_1.pdf

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/information/img/pdf/poster220414_2.pdf

C55 Steam Locomotive (Hokkaido specs) with separate sets for freight and passenger coaches

Not wanting to do be outdone by Kato they also announce an E129

Odakyu Romancecar 50000 VSE last run

Kiha 120-300 in special wrapping

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Arctic said:

Not wanting to do be outdone by Kato they also announce an E129

Except that it does not work like this, for release in October, Tomix must have been working on this for a while.

5 hours ago, Arctic said:

Kiha 120-300 in special wrapping

Hiroshima Toyo Carp (baseball team) wrapping, looks quite nice actually.