Tomix - New Releases

jappomania

Thanks for the update guys.

mmmhhh   :sad:  sincerly I'm start to be tired for this xerox policy, both sets has been already produced by Microace ...

Jappomania,

What is the Microace product number for the 200 series K47 that you are referring to?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hi Ghan,

A1596/A1597 200-1500 K47 renewed with 25' sticker on the nose in cream/green revival livery 04/2008

A0262/A0266 200-1500 K47 renewed in blue/white green stripe livery 05/2003

another 200 renewed set was

A1594/A1595 200-1000 K41 renewed in blue/white green stripe livery 07/2006 re-run 12/2011

and 200 series released from MA in original conditions

A1592/A1593 200-200 F8 cream/green livery with shark nose head cars 08/2006

A0261/A0265 200-1500 F19 cream/green livery (last original set withdrawn) 05/2003

ciao

Massimo

Thanks Massimo,

I have A1596/A1597 200-1500 K47 ... perhas might leave the Tomix one for now.

Cheers

The_Ghan

LOL it does too good pick up Linkey.

there are minor differences such as the signage and different color walls etc.

Then again that might change closer to date.

yeah tomytec is the master at changing the paint and decals and having a new building to package and sell w/o having to do the huge investment in tooling! but they did change some detail on some of the parts, but i bet they all fit together excactly the same and it was just a few parts they retooled and even then it was only a detail, nothing functional so no engineering needed there!

smart way to go for them to minimize tooling costs!

they were smart and flipped the view of it for the photos!

jeff

Has everyone looked at this: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10188816 The Building Collection 112 Cutcherry, which looks exactly as the same Police HQ lol

Same-same, but different!

1. Cutcherry has 2 extra windows;

2. Cutcherry has 2 x arches;

3. Cutcherry has no brickwork in centre panel;

4. Cutcherry has 2 x posts on porte cochere;

5. Cutcherry has a garden;

6. Cutcherry doesn't have the recess to the centre panel.

Cheers

The_Ghan

jappomania

tomix have the new 800 series sets and 300 series goodbye sets up in hs for preorder

:sad:  mmhhh..... this time I wait to see if Tomix 300 mold will be modified, if they put only the "arigatou" logo on the head cars nose and intermediate cars is a fake version (plug doors).

for now, only the last MA release is correct for J55 reproduction.

I was really disappointed about the last 300 special set, is only a new pack with the normal set..(and on the head cars the signs of molding junctions are too much visible).

it's a 20 years old mold and it's ridicolous, the old release have better quality.

ciao

Massimo

i liked the 300 series new one.

besides it has the logo where else you going to get a logo one. can't pass it up i guess imo

Martijn Meerts

I probably won't have any money left when the thing comes out, considering I'll have been to Japan a month earlier (if all goes according to plan :))

But that 300 series sure is tempting ....

Must .. Concentrate .. On .. Building .. Layout .. First ....  :grin

Doh !!!

I rolled a "1" on my "Will save"

Cheers

The_Ghan

1 - Epic Fail

20 - Critial Hit

:cheesy

oh yes, I am not buying anything between August-November as I will saving up for another convention so this is the only reason why I am not getting the 300 series shinkansen :P

I do however have some fortitude ... I haven't placed an order yet ... but I have asked BigMan for his price for a reservation order.  He is usually 25% off and doesn't charge tax on international orders.

Cheers

The_Ghan

BTW, I couldn't find 92997 on the Tomix website yet.  Am I missing something?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Krackel Hopper

While everyone is speculating about the new 300 series..

I'm really interested in the Twilight Express release..

November release date, and it's new product numbers, not re-release.

I've wanted a Twilight Express set for some time now, and almost pre-ordered the Kato set last year.  I wasn't sure if the Kato set had the table lamps in the dining car (like the add-on Tomix car does) and also was not sure about quality difference.  Now I am even more interested, I wonder if the Tomix set will be re-tooled, or if it's just new packaging.

Anyone happen to know about this Nov. release?  I bet the pre-order will close fast, but I don't want to pull the trigger just yet.  I'm focusing on Hokkaido and have the DD51 locos, just trying to decide if I should find a Kato set or get the Tomix set (where I have to purchase the EF81 w/ the starter)

On a side note - anyone have both (Kato and Tomix) sets who can say if one is of higher quality than the other?

Thanks!

:sad:  mmhhh..... this time I wait to see if Tomix 300 mold will be modified, if they put only the "arigatou" logo on the head cars nose and intermediate cars is a fake version (plug doors).

I was really disappointed about the last 300 special set, is only a new pack with the normal set..(and on the head cars the signs of molding junctions are too much visible).

it's a 20 years old mold and it's ridicolous, the old release have better quality.

Tell me about it.. I feel so shafted re. 300-3000 set. It's such an old set and the details show (especially the interior which still feature the bench seats). Looks exactly the same as last 300 series with the pantograph revisions. Here's hoping maybe MA will release their own Sayonara set. But then again, it'll probably be bloody expensive!

jappomania

Tell me about it.. I feel so shafted re. 300-3000 set. It's such an old set and the details show (especially the interior which still feature the bench seats). Looks exactly the same as last 300 series with the pantograph revisions. Here's hoping maybe MA will release their own Sayonara set. But then again, it'll probably be bloody expensive!

Hi Clem,

it's simple, I have the last 2 renewed Tomix 300 (normal and special set) and both have a vertical junction molding line near the front cabs.

I also have one complete old set and a lot of old junk sets for kitbashing, is the same mold and the junction line is visible but really smooth, not like the last release (more much visible).

I think the tollerance when the mold is closed, begin to be a little bit large after a lot of use from Tomix factory :-)

Of course, 300 still a good model (obviously, MA is better but is new), but for Arigatou/Sayonara set Tomix need to modify all the cars molds because they have different doors

doors reproduced on current Tomix set

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB:West_Japan_Railway_-_Series_300-3000_-_Door_-_01.JPG

Sayonara set doors (reproduced on Microace model)

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB:Central_Japan_Railway_-_Series_300-0_-_Door_-_01.JPG

real J55 set (also J57 have the same doors)

http://kakeyama.fan.coocan.jp/tec/300s.htm

if Tomix put only the Sayonara decals, the model is not prototypically correct, this was possible 20 years ago, not today.

Sincerly for 33000JPY (330euro+21%VAT and shipping) I will buy a perfect model, otherwise I try to pay with Monopoly money or US Dollar with Bill Clinton or George Bush face instead Washington or Jefferson  :grin

ciao

Massimo

From the information present, Tomix will be reproducing JR Tōkai formation J57.

J57 was used for the final JR Tōkai 300系 run, Nozomi 329 from Tōkyō Central to Shin-Ōsaka on the Tōkaido Shinkansen. (not Tōkyō-Hakata as HS/Tomix stated)

The final 300系 run however (at the same day), was by JR West formation F7 (almost simultaneously with 100系 formation K55)  from Shin-Ōsaka to Hakata as Nozomi 609 on the Sanyō Shinkansen, where both the 100系 and 300系 where formally retired. JR West however didn't apply any special decals for the occasion.

As HS has posted some more information about the Tomix Sayonara 300 set, I think some of the speculation here might have been premature;

- Commercialized figure to commemorate the retirement system Nozomi 300 in March 2012, a decorated months before retirement.

- Thank you [. Notation printing 300 · LASTRUN].

- Reproduce the appearance of late type passenger door was on the sliding door from Puragudoa.

- Second car reproduced in print, Mark Green car, including car display on the roof, and JR Marks.

- Adopt power with flywheel.

- Energizing formula adopted coupler ring hook.

- Adopt new wheel silver current collector system.

- Brown sheet system.

- Comes with a transfer sheet for the grade up.

emphasis mine.

fingers crossed that they will actually change the door.

regards

The Ghan,

I suspect they refer to the brown fabric used on the JR Tōkai Sets, vs the greyish color used on JR West.

As Tomix latest 300系 was a west formation, they're pointing out the changes they'll make to reproduce a Tōkai formation.

West:

300Series_WestSeat.jpg

Tōkai:

Seat_of_JR_Central_300.JPG

picture courtesy of Wikipedia (and their original owner).

-Sander

well Shīto is what it says in japanese

so yeah seat.

Btw i find it best to get the jp description and google translate it then click on the english word and select the suitable translation offering in the list.

usually can make more sense from it then.

For those who are interested, BigMan is doing the Tomix 300-0 Series Thank You 92997 for 25% off.  You can order by clicking on the link.

The order includes tax.  However, make sure you set an international shipping address.  When the invoice comes through in November the tax will be excluded.  So you'll get invoiced for 32250円 plus shipping.

Cheers

The_Ghan