Tomix - New Releases

I look to be running out of trains to buy, which really, is a good thing for me~ I've never gone through a month of Kato, Tomix, Tomytec and MA release news without the burning desire to pre-order something immediately, and Oct 2022 seems to be it! Except of cause that one bus set but buses dont count since they are a necessity. 

Fingers crossed for the GM news.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Maybe Tomix needs to change the wave length on the subliminal  message, "Buy trains Sammy! Buy trains Sammy! Buy trains Sammy! Oh hell, buy buses Sammy!"

• Haha 2

That looks like 10 ~ 20% across the range. As AFAIK they make most of it in China, presumably the effects of the yen's nosedive as well as the other current factors need to be priced in...

• Thanks 1

one more... well I hope only to not replicate the K47 history (5..6.. boh? I forgot 😂 )

from Tomix poster I saw good news, the mold will be modified for matching the E52/E69 series (small display)

but nothing about panto shield predisposition reproduced on Kato model rooftop, I hope they do it the same

form speedsphere...

http://www.speedsphere.jp/RailRoad/Shinkansen/Image/TecE2SeriesModelReview1030.jpg

ciao!

Massimo

As hot as it gets, fresh off the oven!

The 315 series!!!! Tomix is certainly attacking the JR Tokai region with the HC85 and now the 315 series! The bus collection is also getting me VERY excited!

Let's await the offical posters!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, disturbman said:

Pre-announcement, Tomix will do the JR Shikoku 2700 Series.

I reemerge from my inactivity on this forum to say LETS GOOOOO

Honestly I have been really annoyed for a while that no one was producing any modern Shikoku rolling stock. Very glad to see them in scale form.

WOWzers! The best model train related news for 2023!!!! I love the 2700 series and was simply waiting for someone to produce it!!!

Does the 2700 series actual train comes with tiliting mechanism? If it does, then Kato model will be more to look forward to, since it should have the tiliting mechanism as well, and better looking couplers. 

A new JR 285 Sunrise express annonced, I'm quite sad to have the first one without front opened doors for the multiple unit, but I cannot imagine re-buy the same model a second time just for that... I hope Tomix will do a upgrade kit for the first 285...

Not really sure on the necessity to re-run the 285 in HO gauge with some additional details. It was released previously in 2015. Perhaps Tomix have received a lot of requests from customers for it to be redone. I would say there was a lot more in their HO back-catalogue that would be far more worthy to get reproduced although Tomix seem to balance their releases of JNR and JR era stock. 

It would be good to have a few more frequent HO releases though. 

Certainly not much interest and a bit too modern for me despite this being a nice looking train. 

Not a new model as such but Tomix seem to now produce a Shiki 1000 heavy freight 3 piece set through their Tech station, released yesterday. The previous, generally released ones are the older JNR era version with large Nippon Express logo but these are with the logo removed as seen today. They also have the correct numbers for the 3 produced but sadly still horrendous silver wheels.

https://www.tec-station.jp/shop/g/g4543736935650/

Das Steinkopf
39 minutes ago, Kamome said:

Not a new model as such but Tomix seem to now produce a Shiki 1000 heavy freight 3 piece set through their Tech station, released yesterday. The previous, generally released ones are the older JNR era version with large Nippon Express logo but these are with the logo removed as seen today. They also have the correct numbers for the 3 produced but sadly still horrendous silver wheels.

https://www.tec-station.jp/shop/g/g4543736935650/

It's sad that they still have the disc that the Nippon Express logo used to be on, it would have been nice if they could have removed it but they would have to make a new mould, I remember what a pig of a job it was to remove it from my model when I changed it to a JRF owned version.

369CDA95-2A66-4E2B-A8F0-660D084C87CA.jpe

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, disturbman said:

New painted DF200 already on the starting blocks

I've placed a preorder on the DF200-201 at RGR as soon as I get the info

too gorgeous. 

• Like 1

City of Aichi (Nagoya?) and Industrial area of Mie prefecture according to this Twitter post.

This is assumedly how they got Aimi 

Aichi-Mie

Tomix article explains the head mark is not included on the model which seems a missed opportunity. 

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 2