Tomix - New Releases

6 hours ago, Arctic said:

Odakyu Romancecar 50000 VSE last run

🤔  another "last run".... well normally is not a strange thing, but this is the second time for me that I remember when I bought the first release and now is already time to say goodbye, the first case happened with the 700 series (Kato 500 and 700 when I started my japanese collection 23 years ago)

2 options: the train lifespan now is really short.... or I'm really too old to continue to play with trains 😋

white whale VSE reserved....

• Like 2

Poor Massimo, it’s definitely that Japanese trains’ lifespan is very short.

Edit: I'm adding the other full PDFs.

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20220414-3.pdf (E129)

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20220414-4.pdf (KiHa 120 + VSE)

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20220414-5.pdf (EF66)

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20220414-6.pdf (24 Series)

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20220414-7.pdf (E5)

Edited by disturbman
23 hours ago, jappomania said:

or I'm really too old to continue to play with trains

WHAAAAT!? Heresy! You are NEVER too old to play with trains!

Well, thought I was safe from any more new releases for a while...

C55 and Soya Line coach set now preordered at Hobbysearch. I'm not a Hokkaido modeller per se, but I can't resist a shiny new SL, especially when it's a type I've seen before (C55 1 in Kyoto). And passenger cars because I like passenger cars and don't have enough of them across my H0-gauge and N-gauge collections.

Das Steinkopf
16 hours ago, Arctic said:

Announcements from Tomix:

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/information/img/pdf/poster220511.pdf

Tenryu Hamanako Railway 2100 series in Evangelion and Yuru Camp x Tenryu Hamanaka wrappings

E6 Series Shinkansen

E233-3000 Series

U31A Seino Transport Container

Once again I can't understand Tomix's logic when it comes to some of their container releases, back in March Hogaraka Dou announced an October release for (C-2112) U31A-800 Seino containers with the unit numbers U31A-803 / 808/839, Tomix have announced their (3177) U31A Seino containers to be released in October as well with the following unit numbers  U31-803/ 839/889, given the Hogaraka Dou models where put up for reservation 2 months prior Tomix would have had ample knowledge and could have easily avoided duplicating numbers. The price difference between the two sets is ¥270, the Hogaraka Dou ones coming in at the higher price but that said Hogaraka Dou models are of a higher quality than the Tomix models, the fact that Hogaraka Dou also had their reservations out earlier means that they would have already snapped up a lot of potential customers before Tomix, especially those that are as pedantic as me who loathe duplication of unit numbers.      

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Two painted livery trains, one of which is my fav anime, what not to like!  🙂

The E233-3000 is also welcomed. I can finally complete my Shonan Shijuku/ Ueno Tokyo line with my 10 car E231-1000 coupled with a 5 car E233-3000~

2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Two painted livery trains, one of which is my fav anime, what not to like! 

A big Yuru Camp fan, huh? 😜

6 hours ago, Kamome said:

A big Yuru Camp fan, huh? 😜

Yap you got that right! How could one not love the Yuru Camp??? 

What's that by the way...  😛

• Like 1

Not seen it myself but my friends daughter is absolutely mad on it. 

About some girls who go camping as far as it’s been explained to me.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:16 AM, Kamome said:

Not seen it myself but my friends daughter is absolutely mad on it. 

About some girls who go camping as far as it’s been explained to me.

EEErrrr.r..... dont really think it is for older folks like me   😛

On 5/12/2022 at 2:52 PM, JR 500系 said:

What's that by the way...  😛

Unironically one of the best (and manga) anime series to be released in the past 5 years, in my opinion. Great characters, excellent animation, great art, excellent seiyū, educational and above all incredibly relaxing (yuru), exactly as it says on the tin.

It most certainly isn't the psychological masterpiece that is Evangelion, but then again does Evangelion feature the legendary konnichiwa pinecone? Thought so, score 1 for Yuru Camp△.

Seriously though, If you're into slice of life/CGDCT(cute girls doing cute things)/iyashikei style anime/manga I would definitely recommend giving it a try, in my opinion it's up there with series like K-on, Non-Non Biyori, Flying Witch, Gochūmon wa Usagi desu ka, Konohana Kitan, Shōjō Shūmatsu Ryokō, New Game etc, in terms of quality.

It's so good it actually made me want to try solo camping... until I remembered I absolutely detest camping!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

New Tomix release!

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/information/img/pdf/poster220609_1.pdf

Great to see the Lavender Kiha261-5000 series! A great companion to the Hamanasu colour in pink!

The bridge pieces are pretty interesting too, is it an entire new bridge type? 

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/information/img/pdf/poster220609_2.pdf

A JNR 381 series for the HO fans

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1

There also seem to be some re-releases, mainly the Twlight Express EF81 Locomotive  , Twilight Express EF81 and basic 2 carriagesAdd on 4-car Set A and Add on 4-car Set B.  Also a EF65-2000 Locomotive

Also, the very much anticipated E001 Train Suite Shikishima Basic  and add-on set!  I have the Kato, but the Tomix is really attractive with its progressive grade... This is hard to resist... 

I mean, who CAN resist this

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

I mean, who CAN resist this

I can, seeing that in my opinion the KATO version is far superior to the Tomix version (having owned both), with the exception of the pantographs, but fortunately you can easily attach them to the KATO version. 

Still it's nice that they re-release it; I'm sure people are very happy with it.

Edited by Yavianice
disturbman

The Kato is also hard to find and can cost an arm if you get into a bidding war or loose patience. Advantage to Tomix for re-releasing theirs.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2022 at 4:57 PM, disturbman said:

The Kato is also hard to find and can cost an arm if you get into a bidding war or loose patience. Advantage to Tomix for re-releasing theirs.

Ebay is listing them at over $550-600 cad right now!!!🤑

On 6/9/2022 at 2:41 PM, Yavianice said:

I can, seeing that in my opinion the KATO version is far superior to the Tomix version (having owned both), with the exception of the pantographs, but fortunately you can easily attach them to the KATO version. 

Still it's nice that they re-release it; I'm sure people are very happy with it.

What makes the kato one superior to  the tomix? Accuracy? Fit and finish?

On 6/9/2022 at 7:15 AM, JR 500系 said:

Also, the very much anticipated E001 Train Suite Shikishima Basic  and add-on set!  I have the Kato, but the Tomix is really attractive with its progressive grade... This is hard to resist...

Thank you for linking the video. I had forgotten some of the Tomix E001 features like preinstalled interior lighting and electrified couplers (I'd thought only shinkansen had this Tomix technology?). I missed the previous release and regretted it, but it won't elude me this time.

8 hours ago, cplchanb said:

I would love to know too as I am hunting the Kato one on Auctions, but consider switching to Tomix as they re-release.

28 minutes ago, 1954G said:

and electrified couplers (I'd thought only shinkansen had this Tomix technology?)

Both the Twilight Mizukaze and E001 have interior lighting as part of the "Progressive Grade"

8 hours ago, cplchanb said:

Pros Tomix:

• More prototypical Cabin, but you must be a rivet counter to really notice this 
  • "Tree" in the lounge car
  • Superior pantographs
  • Electrified Couplers
  • The front and closing cars are slightly better

Cons Tomix:

• Huge body gaps because the side parts next to the wheels are independent of the body
  • Engine as usual obstructs part of the car interior
  • Parts of the body are very thin, which allows the interior lighting to bleed through the roof in most cars
  • Writing on the sides (car number, logo's, etc) is invisible except in perfect super bright lighting conditions
  • Tomix lights are not flicker free and the electric couplers do not 100% solve this.

Pros KATO:

• No body gaps because the entire body is part of the same shell
  • Writing on the sides is easily distinguishable
  • Interior Light does not shine through the body
  • Engine is perfectly hidden so you can enjoy the interior properly
  • Box is better in my opinion, the TOMIX train has the "hah I grabbed you OH NOES the cases slid through the cover" packaging while KATO has the usual KATO sleeve
  • Easier to couple and decouple than TOMIX

Cons KATO:

• No electric couplers (but tbh you should really be using the HKTILC/Popondetta lights, so you can have flicker free lights which are far superior to the TOMIX interior lights even with electric couplers)
  • KATO pantographs can easily be exchanged with TOMIX Pantographs (which are sold separately)
  • The front and closing lights are a bit dim in comparison but you can change this by swapping out the lightboard with an aftermarket version
  • Lounge car is not as detailed as TOMIX

Also somehow I thought that the KATO's champagne color was slightly more vibrant while the TOMIX version was a bit less glossy. Depends on your preference I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1